• This topic has 29 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Another picture took to make it look steeper than it really is
  • GEDA
    Free Member

Pink Bike

I was thinking there was no way he would have made that off camber corner. Cool photo

Potter
    Free Member

crackin photo either way

jedi

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

cynic-al
    Free Member

He's cornering?

hels
    Free Member

Is that Joe Barnes ?

theflatboy
    Free Member

hels – Member

Is that Joe Barnes ?

yes – http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/4482176/

orange
    Free Member

the cameraman was probably getting worried at that point as well…

GEDA
    Free Member

Great photo. I keep twisting my head to try and see it the right way round but my brain just will not let me.

neilforrow

Drac

Why's he braking in mid-air?

dmiller
    Free Member

Thats a superb picture.

GEDA
    Free Member

I am trying to stop myself breaking in mid air as that's when all the crashes happen but he fear gets the better of me. Doubt he has the fear though.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Why's he braking in mid-air?

What makes you think he's braking?

stumpy01

neilforrow's version looks way more dramatic to me…..the first one just looks like it's on the wonk.

Coffeeking, he does appear to be braking with at least his rear brake.

slowjo
    Free Member

If you look at the grass in the background of the OP it seems to be pretty vertical which suggests to me that he has popped up over a rise and is shaping up to take the next section.

But I could be wrong……. probably am.

stumpy01

Perhaps……

I went on the assusmption that generally those wooden boards are normally put in approximately horizontal.
    If the angle in the first pic is genuine, I wouldn't expect the posts holding it in place to be at such an angle but more of a vertical orientation….

handyman
    Free Member

vegatation tends to grow upwards towards light so second posting of pic is correct look the grass etc

FuzzyWuzzy

Even the second pic needs to be rotated a bit more

mangoridebike

I'd agree with Fuzzy Wuzzy, however it does no harm to the pic though, as the it means that the rider is leaning further over, increasing the impression of speed and riding on the edge of control

Drac

What makes you think he's braking?

The lever squeezed into the bar is usually a sign the brake is being applied.

jam-bo

from memory, thats the WC track at fort bill. that section is relatively steep and fast into a tight left right set of berms. the edit isn't too far off.

Tonylem
    Free Member

Yes definitley Fort Bill. That sections not that steep but bloody fast and that corner is pretty sharp when you're tanking it.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Depends on where the bite point is. You'd usually have the levers covered the whole way down unless you've got 'death grip'. I tend to have my bite point set close to the bar as I find it reduces arm pump.

trail_rat
    Free Member

irrelevent really – i mean its pedantry to pick up on that someone miles faster than you is braking in the air.

Drac

There's close gee, mine are, but looking at that photo the left hand lever is nearly touching the bars.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Perhaps next time you overtake him mid-run you can give him some not-braking-in-mid-air hints and tips 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

presumably he's "braking in the air" because he was using the back brake through the corner and will be doing so once he lands – he probably didn't bother to take his fingers off the brake for the minute instant he was in the air to benefit the postmortem on biking forums afterwards.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Doesn't look squeezed to the bar to me. I have my levers close to the bars in normal riding, I always pull them in to just about biting point so I can dab them if I need to.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

using the back brake through the corner

Nah.

He'll be doing about 5 zillion miles an hour at that part of the track – meaning about 0.000001 seconds after that photo was taken he was probably almost fully compressed. That's when he'll be doing his braking, if any.

Drac

Perhaps next time you overtake him mid-run you can give him some not-braking-in-mid-air hints and tips

Why. Not braking mid-air isn't going to make him faster.

Well coffeking to me looks like it is.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Another picture took to make it look steeper than it really is’ is closed to new replies.