Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Another OW thread – Peroneal Tendonitis
  • colournoise

To accompany the Plantar Fasciitis thread, anyone got any tips for dealing with the foot pain caused by Peroneal Tendonitis?

Any tips for long term relief gratefully accepted too.

colournoise

Any morning people got anything?

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Needs to be seen. I usually end up using a lateral wedge orthotic to reduce the stress on the peroneal tendons… best advice is to go and see someone. IME its not too common, and can take a while to resolve with appropriate treatment and advice

mikehow
    Free Member

Yep – best advice go see a good sports physio.

I picked up peroneal tendonitis earlier in the year when I upped my mileage a bit too quickly. Previously had no problems running up to 40-45 miles a week but moved up to 60 miles a week off after a break in training and the tendonistis kicked in big time.

I messed around for a month resting and dropping mileage but I was struggling to run 2-3 miles without significant discomfort.

I had a 1 hour consultation in which my physio highlighted a number of issues such as weak glutes, adductors and quads. Following that I did a further 4 sessions and was back running again within 4-6 weeks.

In all honesty it was one of the best investments I’ve made, despite having a vastly reduced weekly mileage whilst seeing my physio she managed to iron out a number of biomechanical issues which led to me running faster PB’s within a month of getting back in to full training.

The key thing is being consistent in your rehabilitation and then carrying those practices on after, even after 10 months I still perform my stretches a couple of times a week and have yet to have any reoccurence of the tendonistis.

Best of luck getting it sorted out!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Another OW thread – Peroneal Tendonitis’ is closed to new replies.