Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Another one who must go
  • JulianA
    Free Member

Labour MP Frank Cook claimed on expenses for a £5 church donation he made at a Battle of Britain memorial service, the Sunday Telegraph reports.

In its latest expenses revelations, the Sunday Telegraph says the handwritten note attached to Mr Cook’s donation claim read: “Battle of Britain church service, Sunday 17.09.06. £5 contribution to offertory on behalf of Frank Cook MP.”

“In the 26-and-a-half years I’ve been an MP I’ve been to many memorial and funeral services and I haven’t claimed for any other donations or wreaths.”

So why did he put in a claim after 26 1/2 years?

I put more than that in every year and

a) I haven’t worked for six months and
    b) I’ve never earned £64K plus expenses

Thieving shite. Sack him.

andywhit
    Free Member

Over a fiver. Tad harsh no ?

Stoner
    Free Member

Over a fiver. Tad harsh no ?

No, over a complete absence of humility and sense of honour.

andywhit
    Free Member

Despite being distasteful it’s hardly grounds for dismissal IMO.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Silly man.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

These people “represent” us. What sort of person charges personal church donations to business expenses? Slippery characters some of these MPs. I’d like to represented by someone with integrity.

It’s not about the money, it’s about trust in someone’s integrity – that’s what this is all about to my mind.

Sandwich

It’s public money, given his position as a public servant this is unacceptable. No civil servant would be allowed that as a business claim. £5 claimed fraudulently is enough to lose a job in the private sector and standards should be as absolute in public service.

JulianA
    Free Member

It’s more about the principle and the fact that it was for a wreath for Remembrance Day. How low can you get?

RustySpanner

So low you couldn’t get a Rizla under him. 🙁

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Could have put a bit more than a fiver in tbh

Should be sacked because he is tight

montylikesbeer

lower than a snakes belly, scum the lot of them…………… off for a ride now

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Another one who must go’ is closed to new replies.