Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Another one infected by the CX disease…
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

Sort of. Just put this together for riding to work with some off road, canal paths, farm tracks, gentle Singletrack etc, touring with a BOB, pootling with the wife and an occasional cross race. I have some real tyres coming for it and it is kitted out with a qr for the trailer, guards, lights, bottle cage and a revolting saddle pack. The only thing I need for it now is some black or clear reflective tape- the logos are reflective but the rear mudguard has nothing.

Its a Marin, reduced from £1000 to £669 then bought on bike to work so should only cost about £450.

This morning it looked like a bike-

And this evening it looked like a shed-

Most of the things you are worried about in these photos are the landlord’s responsibility.

JoB
    Free Member

nice audax bike

munrobiker
    Free Member

Yeah, basically.

Shouldn’t you be weeping in a corner about the position of the bars?

JoB
    Free Member

i’m still having a bit of the vapours over the spoke protector 🙂

(i think those Marins are a lovely bike btw, the black-on-black reflective decals are neat)

munrobiker
    Free Member

Dork disk was removed for the second photo, don’t you worry.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what bike and where from ?

also CX curious

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Nice one Lukey!
    Looks ace.

Edric64
    Free Member

Gearing looks to high for a crosser

bikebouy
    Free Member

Is CX a disease ?

Odd fellow.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’d say it is, it makes you vomit, makes you feel rotten and infects large numbers of people very quickly. At least that’s my experience of it.

Junkyard- Marin Lombard 2014, mine was the last turkey in the shop from Discount Cycles Direct but Real Cycles did have some left.

Anyway, first ride today and other than some jumpy gears and unsuccessful bridleway explorations it was nice. Until I got to work and found that my clothes bag has either been nicked by a disgruntled ex-colleague or chucked by the cleaners…

benman
    Free Member

Nice commute – Cromford canal?

iainc

loving my current one, although defeated on Sunday morning by a bit of water 🙂

munrobiker
    Free Member

Benman- yeah, through the hills to the canal, then roughly followed the old route of the canal when it ran out at Ambergate all the way to work. There was a promising looking byway to the canal but when I got there is was just a swamp so will have to explore in more detail.

Iainc- did you go for a TCX? That was my number 1 choice, but outside the C2W budget (and, to be honest, more than I wanted to spend on a bike to get shitten up in winter).

iainc

Iainc- did you go for a TCX? That was my number 1 choice, but outside the C2W budget (and, to be honest, more than I wanted to spend on a bike to get shitten up in winter).

no, Croix de Fer 30. I had a 2014 Croix and replaced it with this one. The new 105 groupset and hydraulic brakes transform it…

munrobiker
    Free Member

Ah, discounted the CdF based on the weight and my previous experience of riding one- not to my tastes.

Disappointed with how heavy this is to be honest- the complete wheelset with tyres is heavier than that on my mountain bike.

iainc

aye, the Genesis isn’t light, and when I hop onto my carbon Defy I really notice it 🙂 That said, I don’t really notice the weight after a while, and once it’s loaded up with panniers and stuff it pales into insignificance !

Comfy though, but I can’t imagine it would ever win any races ( apart from with my mate who has a Spesh AWOL 🙂 )

benman
    Free Member

Where are you going to/from? Might be able to make some suggestions on trails around there

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Another one infected by the CX disease…’ is closed to new replies.