• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Another new bike want – the new 'Dale Synapse
  • flange
    Free Member

Following on from the BMC I posted a while ago, I think I now want one of these in a ‘sell all my other bikes’ sort of way.

Full review here

aP
    Free Member

Finally these disc road bikes are getting clearance for using larger tyres, which is what I want from them, I have a fast road bike with minimal clearance (with dual-pivot rim brakes) but the change to discs allows for the use of much larger tyres. Accorindlgy I bought a Mason Bokeh, which I’m using with eTap HRD – which is great, by the way, and whilst its a very different kind of bike to the Synapse I can run with 2.1″ and smaller tyres depending upon what I’m going to be riding.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Finally these disc road bikes are getting clearance for using larger tyres, which is what I want from them

Me too. That Canondale could make a great winter bike if only it could take guards.

I’m currently lusting after a Whyte Wessex which I reckon could be the ultimate year round Uk road bike

fifeandy
    Free Member

Looks nice, but its a shame you can’t get an Ultegra build with the Hi-Mod frame.

Bikes like this are very attractive though with our UK roads falling apart, and cycle paths littered with rocks/gravel, it gives the ability to stick some wider more robust tyres on and not worry so much.

Although for me i’d much rather have a SuperSix that could fit 32’s

Oggles
    Free Member

only it could take guards

It has threaded inserts molded into the inside of the fork legs and seatstays. And a bolt on bridge for the top of the seatstays. Presumably there is a mount at the top of the fork too.

rOcKeTdOg

the Cannondale rep brought the matt carbon version in the shop last week, we weren’t allowed to ride it! looked ace, the seatube top tube/clamp junction is beautiful! i hate the bendy, melted looking seat tube though. looked stunning with skin wall tyres and weighed just over a gnat’s fart

if only it could take guards

it does, specifically designed for them, seat stay bridge mount comes in the box

MrSmith
    Free Member

That is one huge headtube 😯

Is it a nodder/gravel/comfort bike or a race bike?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nodder/gravel/commuter bike I reckon.

But I like it, will it take 32c’s because this is where disc road bikes should be. Good comfort, long distance randonees..

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

Finally these disc road bikes are getting clearance for using larger tyres

The current synapse easily takes 32c gravel kings with room to spare, so the clearance is nothing new.

samuelr
    Free Member

Any news on when the new supersix is out?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

There’s probably a nice bike somewhere in there, but the Etap and wheels spoil it a bit.

TiRed

Synapses have always had overly long headtubes. It gives clear separation from their Caad and supersix race bikes. I absolutely love eTap, but I like it on a steel bike where you would otherwise see the cables and bosses.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Another new bike want – the new 'Dale Synapse’ is closed to new replies.