Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Another new bike (this time the GF's not mine)…
  • mboy
    Free Member

I’ve been busy, yesterday I finished and posted pics of my new carbon HT, today finished my GF’s new Stanton Sherpa…

Got to be said, I was really worried that her Purple Hope bits would be OTT on the Green Sherpa frame, but it’s worked better than I thought it would. Most of the parts are from her old Kinesis FF29, with some new. Full spec is…

-Stanton Sherpa 17″ Frame
    -Rockshox Revelation RCT3 51mm offset shortened to 110mm
    -Hope Hubs, Brakes, Rotors, Pedals, BB, seat clamp and headset spacers all in Purple
    -Raceface Atlas cranks and 32T Narrow/Wide ring
    -Reverb
    -Fizik Saddle
    -Ritchey Trail 2X bars and 70mm stem
    -Zee shifter & Rear mech
    -XT 11-36 cassette with Hope 40T T-Rex and 16T XT cog insted of 15 & 17.
    -Stans Crest Rims
    -WTB/Geax tyres setup tubeless

It’s got to be said I just can’t get over how good the geometry is on the Sherpa. So many people overlook it cos it’s designed around a 100-110mm fork, not a 120-130mm, but it really is awesome! She’ll be testing it out tomorrow hopefully! 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

That is very purple, but also very cool. 🙂

I’ve got half a mind to say that it wants skinwall tyres. Maybe…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ooh, nice!

But, yes. Skin walls.

BD, are you in HK? If so, good morning!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am indeed CFH. A good HK morning to you too!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Am in the US! G’night!

coogan
    Free Member

Nice looking bike… purple looks gash personally, but I’m always about all black bits.

yunki
    Free Member

No purple headset?

mboy
    Free Member

No purple headset?

They don’t do their mix’n’match cups in anything but black (it’s an EC44 headtube).

Nice looking bike… purple looks gash personally, but I’m always about all black bits.

She loves the purple bits! Hey ho… I did think that maybe the Grey coloured frame might go better with the Purple, but the clash isn’t as bad as I’d first feared.

I’ve got half a mind to say that it wants skinwall tyres. Maybe…

I see where you’re coming from there…

1994! 😉

cokie

I love that and want it 😈 !! Good work. Lucky GF.

hooli

Nice bike but not a fan of the purple 😳

Superficial
    Free Member

I like it. She’s a lucky girl.

RustyMac

That bike has fun written all over it. looks lovely, quite like the purple although it wouldn’t be my choice.

MarcSussex
    Free Member

Love it – she is very lucky. As you weighed yours any idea what this comes in at out of interest?

bearnecessities

I’m sure those colours shouldn’t work together that well.

Very nice. 🙂

ads678

I think the purple looks great, the clash with the green works really well IMO.

chaos

Something very 90s about the purple. Not sure why.

nedrapier

That is very nice. Lucky her!

Ardents or Onza Canis if you start looking for skinwall. Works with dark green!

Edit – can’t link to it, but look on Singular Cycles facebook page. Dark green gryphon with skinwall ardents.

nedrapier

You just need a purple o-ring for the forks and you’re set!

mboy
    Free Member

I like it. She’s a lucky girl.

She’s quite happy with it so far, just got to get used to it as it’s a bit of a different animal to her last bike.

That bike has fun written all over it.

So far, I’ve not been allowed further than the car park on it, but you’re not wrong! It feels like 29er 4X bike if that makes sense. VERY direct, short and snappy (for a 29er) back end, slackish head angle etc. Put it this way, for those who value geometry over and above suspension travel, the Sherpa is an absolute Gem of a frame (that sadly will often get overlooked by those who insist on having 140mm of travel on the front of their 29er HT!).

I’m sure those colours shouldn’t work together that well.

This build has been put off for a few months… I kept reasoning that the Gunmetal Grey colour would go much better with all the Purple kit she already owned, and I thought it would clash too badly. But you’re absolutely right, somehow despite all logic, the green goes quite well with the purple!

Something very 90s about the purple. Not sure why.

Cos Purple Ano was HUGE on bikes in the early 90’s, that’s why. It died an almost instant death in about 1996, then Hope resurrected it a couple of years ago.

Ardents or Onza Canis if you start looking for skinwall. Works with dark green!

Don’t think either will work tubeless sadly. Otherwise it would be a good shout.

As you weighed yours any idea what this comes in at out of interest?

Her FF29 was 12kg with a full compliment of gears. Not weighed this, but it’s gained about 500g on the frame, but lost about half of that elsewhere. So guessing somewhere around 12.2kg or so.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Purple and green does work well. As an owner of the reverse colour scheme bike (purple frame with green bits) I have had this argument many times.

yunki
    Free Member

Wimbledon innit

chakaping
    Free Member

Love it.

Need more purple vegetation in the backdrop though.

xiphon
    Free Member

Loving the purple.

Mrs xiphon’s Kona Lisa is tricked out in pink hope parts (hubs, brakes/discs), and CK (headset), and a splattering of X.0 (rear mech). Yes it looks girly, but that’s what she wanted….

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Another new bike (this time the GF's not mine)…’ is closed to new replies.