Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Another networking question (VPN content)
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Is it possible to have two virtual network adapters on the same (W7) machine and set up a routing table to direct traffic appropriately?

I think I am using open VPN software.

Cougar

I expect it depends on the client being sensible, but I don’t see why not.

(not my field of expertise though)

mancjon
    Free Member

You can certainly have more than one virtual adapter –

http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/faq/79-client/283-can-i-run-multiple-openvpn-tunnels-on-a-single-machine.html

if you can do that then i can’t see why you shouldn’t be able to manually add entries to your routing table to force specific traffic down one or the other tunnel.

samuri
    Free Member

Yep. Not done it with openvpn but I’ve set up plenty of other virtual adaptors to work simultaneously. Not on Win7 mind but there should be no difference here from XP.

molgrips
    Free Member

Great. I should be able to watch both Hulu and iPlayer without having to fanny around changing settings… 🙂

bazzer
    Free Member

Do you really mean a VPN or do you just want to have two IP addresses associated with one Ethernet adaptor ?

If its just multiple IP addresss then yes you can and you can set it to route to another gateway etc.

If you select properties of the ehternet card then TCP/IP, then advanced its on that tab.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Another networking question (VPN content)’ is closed to new replies.