Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Another mronic driver thread
  • legalalien
    Free Member

kcal – I think I would be hyper twitchy if the tractor was approaching any field gates though. Even turning left into a field they turn quite wide, and turning right – are you sure their indicators are 100% functional..?

*flashes back to lying on the road staring at the sky, barely able to breathe thinking I was paralyzed*

6 months after getting my first 125 I made the rookie mistake of overtaking a tractor on a clear day, no other traffic, wide road. The tractor turned right into a concealed field entrance with no hesitation or attempt to indicate or signal in any way. I tried to brake and avoid him, but I hit his trailer – bruised kidney and fractured vertebrae and mangled bike ensued. The impact to my kidney saved my spine from being totally smashed. Lesson learned – tread cautiously when overtaking tractors! 🙂

thecaptain
    Free Member

Honestly, I have never found people doing 40 in a 60 to be a problem. It’s an easy overtake as soon as there’s a straight. The buggers doing 60-65, on the other hand…

Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Another mronic driver thread’ is closed to new replies.