Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Another motor cheat caught
  • joeydeacon
    Free Member

Have we done this yet? (couldn’t find owt on the search)

Personally I consider this worse than regular doping.. at least they’re putting the effort in.. hopefully he’ll avoid showing up to future events out of shame..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There was something about the over 40’s beibg big into the PED’s like EPO as if you have dropped 10k on the bike and have more going spare why not.

matt_outandabout

Brilliant – I needed that for next years hill climb race up the Wallace Monument. 😆

kimbers

they only found out because of a tip off though

Mowgli
    Free Member

Looks like one of these. Retailed for about £4k iirc. Very neat product, from an engineering point of view. If it were £400 I’d get one without hesitation and halve my commuting time!

joeydeacon
    Free Member

I just don’t understand their desperation to win.. surely you can’t take any satisfaction in coming 3rd when you know it was solely because of a motor in your bike? They’re clearly not doing it for the prize money/trying to get a contract.. they’re not even subtle either, this case seems to be based upon a tip off..

I can understand it more if it was a young foolish kid desperate to get a contract, not a 53 year old.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I can understand it more if it was a young foolish kid desperate to get a contract, not a 53 year old.

Once you have paid for the bike, the gear, the shoes, the coach, the indoor trainer, the bike fit, added more carbn, shaved your arse hair, been the the shrink, bought all the diet books, trained like a pro whats left – you still have money. Plenty of obsessed guys out there trying to be king of a tiny kingdom.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Now it seems he’s denying it despite the first article claiming he admitted it…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the I bought it from a bloke when I was on holiday excuse

thecaptain
    Free Member

What a hopeless loser.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Seen it but found it quite amusing mainly as I shared it with my middle aged Italian cycling buddy who was super-excited to do Ride London yesterday.

As to the guy who did it, what a sad-ar$ed loser (or looser as I think people spell it now :wink:)

wilburt
    Free Member

IME vets/grand vets are more competitive. If your not conpetitive your having a beer watching the telly at that age.

murf
    Free Member

And the best bit? He still didn’t win!

bob_summers

Another report quoted someone claiming he was climbing at 50kmh. I suppose he’s lost the power meter data too, but it would be interesting to see. Are these motors actually silent enough to be undetected by the riders around you? I know there’s a lot of road and wind noise to mask it, but the one Cycling Weekly tested, which gives something like 100W extra, makes a proper racket.

ferrals
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

Once you have paid for the bike, the gear, the shoes, the coach, the indoor trainer, the bike fit, added more carbn, shaved your arse hair, been the the shrink, bought all the diet books, trained like a pro whats left – you still have money. Plenty of obsessed guys out there trying to be king of a tiny kingdom.

So your saying it was Kryton? 😆

Only joshing Kryton

legend
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member

Brilliant – I needed that for next years hill climb race up the Wallace Monument.

Tell me more about said horrible hillclimb!

xc-steve
    Free Member

Was the tip off because he kept swapping bikes constantly during the race for ‘mechanicals’? Or was that another race… was he wearing yellow?

matt_outandabout
    legend
    Free Member

Up the Kirk didn’t run last year 🙁

Club confined for the Monument makes sense

jameso

worse than regular doping

Doctors and blood bags and needles vs charge up and cheat? Nah. This is just wacky races stuff.

tomhoward

So your saying it was Kryton?

Only joshing Kryton

Beat me to it (equally light heartedly)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Seems a better method of cheating than doping (tongue in cheek comment) and as has been shown plenty of that going on in purely amateur sports. Ego is as powerful a draw as prize money

imnotverygood

Ego is as powerful a draw as prize money

Quite. But how can you feel an ego boost if you know you have cheated?

joat

It’s not always the knowledge that you won (fairly or not), it’s sometimes knowing that others think you have won.

thejesmonddingo

I don’t understand the psychology of people who cheat in amateur events,I can see that if money is involved,it is a powerful motivator for cheating,but why pretend you are something you are not, just to finish a couple of places higher in an irrelevant race? I am not competitive on a bike coz I’m not good enough,but I’ve never cheated in anything else,and would view it as a moral victory if I was beaten by a cheat.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Another motor cheat caught’ is closed to new replies.