Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Another MAC question – External monitor
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Im looking for an external monitor for my macbook – unibody alu – 13" Intel

Mac has Minidisplay port – I have a Mini Display to HDMI adapter so would like a monitor that is HDMI to save getting a new adapter.

Looking for something 22" widescreen – maybe with hdmi/dvi and vga so I can have multiple inputs from my abundance of devices.

I spotted this at Comet today – quite nice with a handy source button on front to switch to my other machines.
    Comet HP 22"

Im a bit concerned it will display my mac with borders so taking it in to store tomorrow to try it.

Any other recommendations?

retro83
    Free Member

Im a bit concerned it will display my mac with borders so taking it in to store tomorrow to try it.

As long as it sends the size/resolution data back to the mac properly it shouldn't. My TV reports its resolution incorrectly and therefore doesn't work unless I force it to go to the correct res with SwitchResX.

Undoubtedly it can be made to work though with a bit of patience 😉

somafunk

I have the same macbook as yourself along with an older powerbook and use the new Acer 24" led monitor as an external monitor "Acer S243HL", Fantastic bit of kit and stylish/very thin compared to the usual black plastic boxes on offer.

vrapan
    Free Member

Why are you worried it will display with borders? I am using a 23" Dell display with my Macbook Pro, and the resolution adjusts just fine filling the whole screen and running on the native resolution of the external monitor.

BTW I cringe on the thought of Dell computers but I their monitors are pretty good.
    24" Dell monitor

Jammy111
    Free Member

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/161787

this is good, my mate owns one….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Another MAC question – External monitor’ is closed to new replies.