Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Another London 'where to eat' question
  • Alex

Since you did so well at finding me cheap parking for yesterday.. 🙂

I’ve the joy of a four hour coach trip to London early Sunday (and another one late that night) to see my youngest perform in some battle of the ballet thing. It does mean my wife and I get a few hours in London, we’re going to go the V&A and possible the IWM if we’ve got time, but I’d like to take her for a really decent lunch. Nowhere that has a dress code of no shorts tho..

I realise this is a ‘how long is a bit of string’ but recommendations for top grub spots, maybe near the river as forecast looks okay for sitting outside. No idea how much anything costs in London nowadays but i assume it’s a lot. One off treat tho, so could push the boat out a bit.

Ta!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Take her up the Oxo Tower.

Nobby

Ciao Bella in Guildford Place is a nice Italian if that’s your thing. Quick trundle on the Piccadilly line from V&A to Russell Square.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Fitrovia, Tottenham Street.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Slightly more seriously,
    Near the V&A
    Georgian at Harrods. Like theatre combined with eating.
    The dining room at The Admiral Codrington.
    The Courtyard at the V&A itself is lovely, especially if sunny.

IWM? Head back across the river to London! 😉

Alex

Thanks.. will go have a google… bit short of time so want to keep travelling to a minimum. My n0.1 concern currently is the location of my hip flask… 8 hours on a coach.. that time isn’t going to pass quickly!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Otem Ottelinghi’s Nopi in Warwick St (nr Soho, actually round the corner from Rapha on Brewer St)

Utterly Sublime.

My Fave by a very long way.

You will need to check availability mind.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Another London 'where to eat' question’ is closed to new replies.