Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Another Lights Question – Advice needed
  • EddieFiola
    Free Member

I dont really night ride as i finish work early enough to ride in the light. However last year i discovered ‘actual’ riding in the dark.

I have a c and b seen light on my bars which seems good and an ayeup on my helmet.

If i bought somthing like a Hope R4 for the bars what is the main diferences between that and my Cand B seen. besides price and build quality.

Thanks for any non sarcastic interesting points.

richmtb

C and B seen light is very good for the money, its very bright but also very spotty.

A Hope R4 will have a better more consistent spread of light without such an obvious hotspot. Should have a better quality battery too.

I would imagine the mode selector is a bit better thought out too. On the C and B seen light you have to turn it off to select another mode which is a bit stupid.

So the Hope light is definitely better, whether it’s actually worth £200 over buying another couple of cheap chinese lights is up to you

jairaj

Hope R4 has quite a wide beam shape but not much long distance punch. It’s also been around for a bit so will not have the latest in LED tech.

The cheep LED lights tend to have a very focused beam so the opposite of the Hope light but the hot spot can usually be made a little wider. but they also use more up to date LED chips. So you usually get more lumen for same power and or greater efficiency so your battery lasts longer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Another Lights Question – Advice needed’ is closed to new replies.