Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Another HTC Desire Question – finding downloaded files
  • Phototim
    Free Member

I’ve had my Desire for a while now but something that really bugs me about it is that when you download a file, you don’t know where it goes or how to get to it to delete it.

For example, last night I downloaded a large PDF from an email in the GMail app. When it had downloaded, a warning came up saying I was short of memory indicating that it had saved the file to the phone, not the SD card. I now can’t find it anywhere so how am I supposed to delete it or move it to the SD card?!! I downloaded Astro file manager but can’t find it using that either.

Any ideas?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Easiest way to find a pdf is to let the reader app find it for you. Open the pdf viewer and it will search your phone for all compatible files.

beej

I’ve a directory called download on the SD card. I’ve also got one called Downloads. Don’t ask me why.

The download directory has a couple of PDFs in it, so my phone (running Android 2.2, standard android browser) seems to put them there by default.

beej

You could also try the .mail directory, or use the search function in Astro.

jools182
    Free Member

In astro mine always end up in a folder called ‘download’

stumpy01

ES file explorer is your friend. Excellent ‘explorer’ program.

And as above all my downloads seem to end up in ‘download’ or ‘downloads’

Phototim
    Free Member

Easiest way to find a pdf is to let the reader app find it for you. Open the pdf viewer and it will search your phone for all compatible files.

Tried that but this particular file doesn’t come up. I don’t know if that is because it may be saved to the phone or whether it is because Android didn’t actually save it (when I tried to open it using adobe reader, it said it could not open the file so perhaps it just deleted it from the preview cache?).

I’ve found the folders Downloads and Downloaded, but its not in either. I think I may have answered my own question above and it had just cached a preview of the pdf.

So basically there is no way to manage/organise files other than by using an app like astro?

Thanks all for the help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Another HTC Desire Question – finding downloaded files’ is closed to new replies.