Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • (Another) Home insurance – Bike Cover – Damage while riding
  • albino
    Free Member

I know these insurance threads pop up regularly but I wanted to see if anyone has a policy that, as well as having a decent coverage limit, also covers bikes for damage when in use. I’m currently have home insurance with AA which is due for renewal but, when I’ve looked at the policy, it states that sporting goods are not covered while in use.
    Is there anything out there that does cover this without going down the bike-specific insurance route?

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve just taken out cover with Pedalcover. It covers damage to the bike worldwide. Quite handy as I’m off to Whistler in September.
    Price was very good

grahamt1980

Pedalcover for me too.
    Ok maybe slightly more expensive, but then i couldn’t find anyone else who gave that level of cover

Rich_s

Is there anything out there that does cover this without going down the bike-specific insurance route?

Yes, most decent household insurance will cover sporting items in use, as long as not “racing” etc.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, the policy wording for the AA policy is really poor. Be warned.

GregMay
    Free Member

Pedalcover here too.

chrishc777
    Free Member

I’m with AA, wording is a bit poor but a phonecall clarified it all and it can’t be beaten for the money.

I had no idea you could get damage while riding cover, that sounds awesome. So I snap a mech and get a new one? Is that how it works? And how much is a ballpark annual premium?

Rich_s

Good luck with remembering when/where/how you got that cover clarified if you need to make a claim 😕

Why is it on here we all seem to subscribe to cheap/light/strong – pick any two. But in insurance policies it seems that cheap/good cover/pays out – pick any two is readily ignored.

Anyway – first company I thought of, standard cover.
    Page 20.
    http://bank.marksandspencer.com/pdf/HIStandardPolicyBooklet.pdf

TiRed

Royal Sun Alliance paid out for my broken Propel. British Cycling covers racing damage.

albino
    Free Member

Thanks. It’s good to know there are some decent policies out there. Looks like pedalcover is a good place to start. Thanks for the tips.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘(Another) Home insurance – Bike Cover – Damage while riding’ is closed to new replies.