Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Another friday, another mad bike
  • leffeboy

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-DcPPMMsOw&feature=youtu.be[/video]
    Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should

Klunk
    Free Member

like to see someone going up alpe d’huez on that 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

No-one’s going to use that for anything are they? Let’s be honest.

I’d like to see a proper cyclist try a 10 on it, to see if the extra power counters the loss of aero .

leffeboy

like to see someone going up alpe d’huez on that

Can you imagine going DOWN on that.

zilog6128

I’d like to see a proper cyclist try a 10 on it

what, with their noodle arms? 😀 I want to see a rower on it, should be able to get some serious speed going!!

TiRed

Florida based start up. I believe from Dave Walsh
    ‘S post earlier, that hills won’t be a problem! Looks like fun actually. But I would be wary in traffic.

hooli

There is always a fine line between brilliant and crazy…

oldnpastit

That chainring looks awfully close to your face….

DezB
    Free Member

They missed out one of the ‘T’s in the name.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Love drama of the music bed… 🙄

thenorthwind

Can’t help but wonder if the handles should be 180 out of phase like the pedals. Not sure it would make it any more sensible though.

molgrips
    Free Member

Can’t help but wonder if the handles should be 180 out of phase like the pedals

No, cos then you’d only be using your puny arm muscles rather than your whole core.

Actually no that’s probably wrong. But I think it would make steering really difficult if you were going for power.

convert

Would work better as a concept as a recumbent than as a standard bike.

But for most people surely aerobic capacity is the limiting factor; so using another muscle group in addition to the legs is not going to bring particularly impressive performance advantages. Gains made by spreading out the workload are negated by loss of form working both ends at the same time.

molgrips
    Free Member

But for most people surely aerobic capacity is the limiting factor;

Not sure. I’ve been told most cyclists are peripherally limited meaning that getting oxygen out to the legs and using it is the bottleneck; whereas runners for example are centrally limited meaning that it’s the total amount of O2 you can get into your body that’s the limit.

Certianly seems to be the case with me – when going flat out on a bike it’s the leg pain that stops me when I’m not breathing particularly hard, but when I run my legs aren’t too bad but I am gasping for breath and overall feeling a bit weak and poorly.

unovolo
    Free Member

That chainring looks awfully close to your face

Yes would be fun if the chain derailed and you lost your grip over a pothole, homemade frontal lobotomy.

Pedalling with my hands is something I’ve never really wanted or needed on a bike.

RustySpanner

That’s not a bike, it’s gym equipment.

fifeandy
    Free Member

😯

funkmasterp

What did I just watch? Bikes already work as they are with one set of pedals in the right place. That thing looks like a horrible accident in the making 😯

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Another friday, another mad bike’ is closed to new replies.