Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Another freaky bike for ya'll to critique…
  • psychle
    Free Member

Mmmmm mmmmm… I really do quite like this one (unlike that Porsche thing the other day!), quite tempted to try and find the money for it actually! 😳

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Change the wheels and it wouldn’t look that bad

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

‘Dale FAIL.

Ringo
    Free Member

That looks fookin hideous

RealMan
    Free Member

Garry_Lager

Not bad – Looks a bit like an old school cannondale – killer v?

Does that fork design actually work to an acceptable standard? It looks aesthetically terrible IMO, but I’ve never ridden a bike with them on.

firestarter
    Free Member

Looks like a dale with a girvin fork. Looks ok bar the wheels

h4muf
    Free Member

Peng.

craig1975
    Free Member

Looks sweet to me…

psychle
    Free Member

Not bad – Looks a bit like an old school cannondale – killer v?

Yep, ’tis a Killer V with (I’m fairly sure) Girvin Vectors on the front. I’m hoping to pick a set up soon to try out, they’re supposed to be quite good (in their own way, would certainly feel different to a ‘normal’ fork I’d think?)

Looks ok bar the wheels

I particularly like the wheels 😳

Really quite like these as well:

thepodge
    Free Member

Firestarter has it. Defo a dale with girvin forks

crazy-legs

I’m hoping to pick a set up soon to try out, they’re supposed to be quite good (in their own way, would certainly feel different to a ‘normal’ fork I’d think?)

Girvin Vectors were good back in the days when the only other forks were a Manitou 1 or a RockShox Mag 21…
    They’ve got a really weird J-shaped axle path, it kind of comes back towards you then tucks under. For maximum amusement (for spectators) they need to be run with a Girvin FlexStem… 😉

djglover
    Free Member

Please
    Stop
    Your
    Cycle
    Lunacy
    Eh??

Hairychested
    Free Member

Psychle, you ever go out? Judging by your impeccable taste in bikes I’d say you should do it more often 😀

packer
    Free Member

I always liked those forks. I wonder if you could fit a modern air shock in there instead of that coil – might be able to get good performance out of them if so.

philconsequence
    Free Member

ride it to swinley and i’ll award you 1 million philssupercoolpoints

loddrik
    Free Member

Reminds me a little of the old SE Racing Quadangle.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sorry that is just shite and will ride shite as well as look shite.

I presume Psychle you got into riding after those times? Honestly, give it up! Old stuff mostly rides crap. Just hang a photo up.

psychle
    Free Member

Please
    Stop
    Your
    Cycle
    Lunacy
    Eh??

I like that! But you missed the H…

Please
    Stop
    Your
    Cycle
    Heinous
    Lunacy
    Eh??[/quote]

Is better…

epicsteve
    Free Member

That might well be the ugliest bike I’ve ever seen.

fasthaggis

A set of those Spinergys went on TheeBay a few weeks ago 😆

I think they were hand built 🙄

epicyclo

Looks good – how much?

Seems to be sending the fashionistas into a frenzy…

Bregante

minging

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i like that! are the forks not those girvin lookalikes? i thought it was always elastomer for girvins?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

they had coil too

montylikesbeer

The question is why, its like lusting over a well kept Austin Allegro Vanden Plass

brakes
    Free Member

I like the paint, is it made of porcelain?

metalheart
    Free Member

Thems Girvins with the Noleen coil shock. Had a set on my Proflex BITD.

They were rubbish. Their weird j motion thing, wraxed my coxyc due to them once 1.5 hours into a 7.5 hour ride.

And the rear Noleen broke at the top of the Firmounth leaving me a 2 hour walk back to the car. Not a happy bunny that day….

MrKmkII
    Free Member

ah ok. but who was the other company that made similar forks?

anyway, i always fancied one of those frames; i remember some touring story in MBUK many years ago with a couple of them loaded with panniers and set for offroad adventures 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

Potdog
    Free Member

Surely you are getting the “J-Shaped” stroke mixed up with the old PRST-1 and JW-2 bikes. That design looks like it just moves up and down in a pretty linear way.

TomHill
    Free Member

I actually quite like that. :-/

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Peng.

Innit tho? Dat iz well hench.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Look? AMP and Lawwil (sp) did linkage forks too.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i don’t think it was them, coulda been though. some kind of fork that had solid legs to right under the stem, just like there them girvins…

oxym0r0n

Surely you are getting the “J-Shaped” stroke mixed up with the old PRST-1 and JW-2 bikes. That design looks like it just moves up and down in a pretty linear way.

Depends how you set them up – there was a link you could rotate to get a more linear or J shaped path depening on preference.

I had a set of Carbons on my old P7 that had been “upgraded” from elastomer to coil, only the sealing on the shock was pants and they did not work very well. Nice idea though 8)

metalheart
    Free Member

Potdog – Member

Surely you are getting the “J-Shaped” stroke mixed up with the old PRST-1 and JW-2 bikes.

Nope, Girvin forks have (had?) a j shaped stroke. Probably due to the difference between the linkage lengths? Cant remember the blurb, it was all so long ago…

If you’ve ridden them you’d understand!

epicyclo

I like linkage forks. Raced on them a few times. Last race on Girvins was an 8 hour in Oz about 2 years ago.

There were also Look Fournales girder forks. Carbon fibre and light. Raced this in the ‘Puffer a few years ago (the year after we all got through several sets of brake pads).

Seggons
    Free Member

ventana X5 took inspiration from this?
    oh dear god

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Another freaky bike for ya'll to critique…’ is closed to new replies.