Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • another flat roof related question
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Having bodged the flashing and it seems to be ok, i have located a second leak in a different part of the roof so had another look. I removed part of the guttering and found this directly above where the second leak is.

To me this doesn’t look particularly good. What would be the most appropriate repair, i do have a large tin of flexacryl… but wondering if there is a better solution?

paladin

Is there a split on the flat there too?

takisawa2

Given the likelihood of it drying up enough to effect a proper repair is pretty remote before April, I’d Flexacryl it. Just work it right up into the top corner & down a few inches. It should form a skin over the whole of that split. It’s going to be sodden inside, so unlikely to get any kind of filler/mastic to stick.

mrmo
    Free Member

just started to rain so, slapped a load of flexacryl on it. Hopefully that is the end of the leaks for now.

paladin, no split on the flat, but put flex. on it anyway.

mrmo
    Free Member

nope still leaking, had another look and have applied more flexacryl. I think i can see what has happened,

No proof,

When the new roof was applied next door, this summer, the felt on my roof has been damaged at the edge. Wind and driving rain is forcing rain up and under the edge trim into the damaged areas.

All guess work and could be wrong.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Get it Marleydeck’d in Spring.

Get the roofers to kick some holes in next doors roof as revenge.

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

is that mastic along the top edge of the felt.it looks like the felt has been cut short when installed and roofers stuck the felt to the existing felt flashings then a mastik bodge applied at a later date.dont really see how the new roof would have caused this though.

mrmo
    Free Member

Could be, but I felt along the felt under the grp flashing and there is some blistering and cuts in the felt, hence my suspicions.

Whole lot is now covered in a lot of flexacyrl and will speak to a roofer when the weather gets better.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘another flat roof related question’ is closed to new replies.