Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • (another) first-timer tubeless question – how long does it last?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

if i ever get my tyres to seal (one out of 3 so far – and no, i don’t ride a tricycle!) i’m wondering how long the sealent will last.

can anyone tell me how long theirs lasts, or how you know when its time to replace/top up the sealent? i’m using no-tubes solution if that makes a difference to the answer.

RealMan
    Free Member

I’m using stans as well. I think its fairly basic.

1. Take the wheel off bike.

2. Shake it.

3. If you can hear it sloshing around, its fine.

4. If you cant, take the bead off the rim on one part, then check visually. If theres not much left, add more.

It will evaporate, leak, dissapear into a black hole/narnia, or whatever it does quicker when the temperatures hotter, so in summer you will need to top up more often. It also depends on how much you ride and how you store your bike, but I dont know how these things effect it (I suppose the more you ride the more you need to top up..?).

Ive heard to top up every 3-4 months or so, but dont know if thats a fact or a guess. Just shake the tyre now and then.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I topped up my Stans no-tubes after about 12 months. Not sure if it needed it but the back tyre was feeling a little soft.

Nobby

I use the ‘slosh test’ mentioned above & when it sounds low top up by removing the valve cores & injecting the solution in withan infants medicine syringe from t’chemist.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I just popped the tyre off a little bit and poured the gloop in. Resealed first time with a normal track pump.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

cheers

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

When I changed my tyres,I discovered that it had dried-up. Hadn’t noticed any problems.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘(another) first-timer tubeless question – how long does it last?’ is closed to new replies.