Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Another "first ride of the year" thread – Snowy Pentlands
  • kennyp
    Free Member

Last day before heading back to work so thought I'd get my first ride of 2010 in. Loads and loads of snow in the Pentlands. Too much to ride in some bits, but other sections were superb, particularly the track that goes through the woods at the back of Clubbiedean, then drops steeply down through some nice deep snow to that wee Water Board building. Great fun.

Trekster

Ditto @ Ae today;

RRD
    Free Member

I was also up in the Pentlands today (and my last day before returning to work). I couldn't believe how deep some of the drifts were… Only noticed as I fell flat on my face a couple of times. The descents were brilliant.

robgarrioch

Nice pics kennyp; wish we'd left it till today & allowed the trails to get compacted a bit – see (end of) here.
    Was it around 11 you were up, with a bikin' buddy? You may have passed us having a walk along Torduff if so – mutated looking bearded bloke + anxious looking female…?

kennyp
    Free Member

No, it was this afternoon Rob. I held off to see if the sun was going to appear.

I was up for a walk in the Pentlands yesterday (wasn't able to make the ride sadly). A glorious day, though maybe not the best from a riding point of view.

dustypumpkins

My 1st and only ride of the year was on a stolen kids bike (stabilisers and everything!) down the street. I did return it to where I found it. It was new years day and I was still drunk, best ride I've had this year though!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Another "first ride of the year" thread – Snowy Pentlands’ is closed to new replies.