Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Another firm go bust
  • lunge

Those in IT may well know that a huge reseller 2e2 have just gone pop with nearly 3000 jobs as risk + any associated contractors and support staff. I know a lot of people there and wish them all the very best, it will be a horrible time for them.

What I do find strange is that when a retailer of similar size (or smaller) goes then it is front page whereas there is not a single mention of it on the BBC site. This seemed a little odd.

Just thought I would see what peoples thoughts were.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

We’re all doomed.

fasthaggis

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Never heard of them and I work in IT
    Most people have heard of Jessops, Comet, Woolworths, HMV which is why it’s news

Fueled
    Free Member

What I do find strange is that when a retailer of similar size (or smaller) goes then it is front page whereas there is not a single mention of it on the BBC site.

Is it really that odd? The general public have heard of retailers and will notice them being gone. The news stories will get clicks. E2e will be noticed by far fewer people, and a story about them will be of much less interest.

binners

I think attention is drawn to retail jobs as they’re so visable. When high street shops close its very evident. And the death throws of the High Street are a middle class hand-wringing obsession at the moment. Though not enough to stop buying everything from Amazon though, eh?

Nobody gives a flying **** about anyone working in IT! Or manufacturing! Or anything else quite frankly. So if we can pretend its not happening, we do. Its just not so easy to do that with the High Street

vorlich
    Free Member

Worked for them up until December last year. Crap company to work for, won’t be missed. Feeling very fortunate ATM.

Feel sorry for the staff now up shit creek. Except my old boss, who stiffed me on an valid expenses claim.

elliot100
    Free Member

It is on the BBC site – Berkshire though:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-21241708

uwe-r
    Free Member

Manchester law firm Cobbetts have gone today. 500 Jobs to go, I know some of them and whist there will be a number of high earners they are the exception not the norm.

http://www.thelawyer.com/cobbetts-to-enter-administration/1016722.article

atlaz
    Free Member

Got to admit that after 12 years working for IT organisations (including purchasing), I’d never heard of them.

The letter from the administrators is a bit hopeful. They’re asking suppliers to keep sending them stuff to sell on existing credit terms. You’d have to be quite brave to do that I think.

Edit – oooooh… they’re outsourced IT services. Well that one seemed to be quite an obvious shrinkage sector really

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Another firm go bust’ is closed to new replies.