Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 268 total)
  • Another fine day for freedom of speech
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

trailmonkey

He can’t show his film,

But you can find it on You Tube. Just search Fitna 1/2.

Not banned at all.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Ha ha ha ha ha………. someone has actually posted a link to an article written by Trevor Kavanagh ! Yes. TREVOR **** KAVANAGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ………. what a joker !

No wait.

Trevor Kavanagh is a bit too highbrow for me. Have you got any links to any articles written by Richard Littlejohn ? I need something a little bit easier to read.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Oh dear…………. I think I’ve wet myself…….. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

sootyandjim
    Free Member

GG – The equivalent on another forum I frequent is linking to an article on the military written by Lewis Page.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Hello sooty – how’s jim ?

Ha ha ha ha …… oh dear…… I must calm down…… ha ha ha ……..best laugh in ages ….. ha ha ha

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

I think your point makes no-sense sootyandjim. If 100s of thousands agree with the poster bearers, they’re not all gonna be there are they?

That’s like saying the only people that care about animal rights are the extremist few.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I love the way that any discussion about ‘freedom of speech’ invariably ends up with people coming on and banging on about the ‘threat’ from Islam…

Actually, Muslims do very often come forward to denounce the actions of a tiny extreme minority claiming to act in the name of Islam, but the media choose to often ignore this, because hate and fear sell newspapers, whilst rational, reasoned statements don’t…

Muslim reaction against extremists

When David Copeland set off 3 bombs in London, which killed 3 people and injured over a hundred others, did the Black, Asian and Gay communities condemn the entire White population of Britain? No, because everyone recognised that he was a nut-case. Do the same communities lump all White folk in with extremist groups like the BNP, as mentioned above? No, because again, most free-thinking people see the BNP as extremists unrepresentative of the rest of the population.

FFS, come on, open your eyes, and start trying to think for yourself, instead of allowing yourself to be brainwashed by sensationalist journalism and those seeking to divide our communities.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I Lolled!

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

I think it’s you who needs to open his eyes Rude boy. I’ve worked with muslims in Leics. The younger ones are very open about their attitudes towards us, and they’re very much not what you’re making out. You only have to open your eyes and see – it’s not a matter of us poor simple minded deluded fools ‘being brainwashed by sensational journalism’ imo, who you who’s blind to clear evidence.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Trevor Kavanagh is a bit too highbrow for me. Have you got any links to any articles written by Richard Littlejohn ?

LOL!

I think Gary Bushell is more my level!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’ve worked with muslims in Leics. The younger ones are very open about their attitudes towards us

‘Us’? Define ‘us’, please. And could you briefly describe the context of your interaction with these young people?

There’s sort of an answer in there you know. The clue is in the word ‘younger’.

I have friends who work with Asian youngsters. Quite a few of the silly little fools do jump on the extremist bandwagon, but most just see it as a laugh, and their way to have a pop at authority. There are issues with such groups, with negative attitudes, which many organisations are trying to address. But generally, most youngsters grow up to realise that the best way forward is to not be prejudiced, as they see that it is counter productive, and holds them back.

My eyes are open wide enough, my friend. ‘Clear evidence’. Provide, please.

I’m a bit short-sighted, mind, hence my need to wear spectacles. I could do with a new pair, actually. These are getting a bit tatty.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Hello sooty – how’s jim ?

Bit busy at the mo, keeping an eye of for all these dodgy Muslims that are all over the shop, apparently.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Right I think I’ve calm down a bit now – although my sides ache a little …..

Last week Argentina expelled a British subject because they didn’t like what he had to say. Argentina knows a thing or two about the lack of freedom of expression, and what it is like to live under dictatorship. It is something which Argentines are determined will never happen again.

And yet, they weren’t prepared to allow someone who denies the holocaust, to freely insult and offend jews. And quite right too – its the behaviour which I would expect from a fully democratic government which is committed to defending the democratic rights of all it’s citizens :

Argentina expels Holocaust-denier bishop

As for those on here who keep posting pics of offensive posters held by some offensive muslims – what is the point you’re trying to make ? Such posters are illegal, as indeed they should be. In fact the muslim community wants those responsible arrested and prosecuted, quote :

“Dr Ghayasuddin Siddiqui, of the Muslim Parliament of Britain, demanded action from the police. He said the demonstrators were “trying to incite others and to make criminal acts legitimate. The time has come to say enough is enough”.
    Inayat Bunglawala, of the Muslim Council of Britain, said: “It seems to us some of their slogans were designed to incite violence and even to incite murder. The Muslim community will have no sympathy whatsoever for these individuals.”

Read about it here in your Daily Mail

British Muslims ask: Why no arrests?

So what’s your problem ?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

My mate had a black Chihauha called ‘Sooty’, years ago. I say Chihauha, but the thing was **** mutant. It was the size of a small dog.

Nice little thing, though. Very loving dog.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Where I work we have had a multi-faith worship centre for a number of years. At the moment a seperate muslim prayer building is being constructed, apparently because their faith prevents them using the existing multi-faith building. Now I confess to know very little of the faith, but it seems to send a pretty devisive message when all the other religions are happy to share the same building. It also strikes me that the more a group (any group) seperates themselves from mainstream society, the more distrusting mainstream society will become, which tends to make the group even more insular.
    I’ve no idea what the solution is, but to suggest that there is absolutely no problem seems as naive as much of the anti-muslim hysteria.

sodafarls
    Free Member

GG, i’m surprised to see you use the Daily Mail to support an argument. 😯

RudeBoy
    Free Member

IanMunro; have you actually asked any of the Muslim people why the multi-faith centre is unsuitable?

There could, possibly, be a reasonable explanation, you know.

sodafarls
    Free Member

Why is a “multi-faith centre” unsuitable for Muslims?

Anybody got a “reasonable” explaination?

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Too small? Focal point of the room faces the wrong way? Who knows?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

GG, i’m surprised …….

Well there you are, sodafarls – isn’t life full of surprises ?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I cannot believe the use of The Sun and Trevor Kavanagh to support an argument – and the chap who posted it seems to believe it. warra numptie. I do feel sad tho that someone should believe that nasty racist divisive claptrap. Still – they say there is one born every minute.

Nice to see there are some folk on here who can be bothered to rebut the claptrap. Steve – refering to “them and us” shines a light clearly on your lack of thought.

Anyone with half a brain can pick out the truth.

Extremists of any variety are foul. Racist both the overt and the unthinking ones are just stupid. several examples on here.

sodafarls
    Free Member

Well, I suppose a bigger “multi-faith centre” would be in order then..but it’s the “multi” bit that seems to have been the problem from the above anecdote, size and aspect not being mentioned..

BigDummy
    Free Member

Bloody hell that Kavanagh piece is vicious. I find it mildly amazing, given that The Sun is one of the country’s most widely-read newspapers, how basically decent, tolerant and well-informed virtually everyone I meet seems to be. It gives me a certain amount of hope.

sodafarls
    Free Member

I cannot believe the use of The Sun and Trevor Kavanagh to support an argument

I feel the same way about using the Daily mail, however,

isn’t life full of surprises ?

😆

IanMunro
    Free Member

There could, possibly, be a reasonable explanation, you know.
    Rather depends on your definition of reasonable, I find most religous explanations pretty unreasonable 🙂 And the muslim colleagues I know are about as muslim as i’m christian when it comes to explantions on these matters, so aren’t much help 🙂

grizzlygus
    Free Member

You don’t know the difference between a ‘news report’ and an ‘opinion writer’ sodafarls ?

LOL !

tyger
    Free Member

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Could be used for other purposes, where food is served. Or maybe alcohol. The room isn’t considered clean enough. Dunno. We don’t have a lot of info to go on, tbh.

I find the huge increase in racially-motivated attacks on all people, in the UK and Yerp as a whole, very disturbing indeed. There seems to be increasing fear and mistrust in our society, which is so sad, seeing as how Britain really was making such great progress on that front.

But people concern themselves more with this or that group getting priority, or preference, or some other such ultimately petty crap.

Seems to be a growth in intolerance towards ‘others’. Be it ‘Chavs’, Pikeys, ****, Darkies, Muslims, Jews, whatever; seems like more and more people want to see someone else as being inferior to themselves, in order that they can feel somehow better about their lot.

Like I say; Divide and Rule…

sodafarls
    Free Member

You don’t know the difference between a ‘news report’ and an ‘opinion writer’ sodafarls ?

I do understand the emphasis on a reliable source, and consistency Gus 🙄

sodafarls
    Free Member

Could be used for other purposes, where food is served. Or maybe alcohol.

It’s neither a canteen nor a bar. Stop supporting divisive social behavour!

“If the kids, are united, they will never, be divided!”

grizzlygus
    Free Member

So the Daily Mail isn’t a ‘reliable source’ sodafarls ?

Those quotes weren’t ‘real’ and the Daily Mail is a well-known pro-Islamic paper ?

LOL !

No really ………….. is this some sort of competition to make me laugh ?!!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Don’t know, but Ed Husain’s book, The Islamist, is an interesting read. IIRC, from his description of what he got up to as a young Hizb ut Tahir (sp?) activist, convincing those in charge that a “multi-faith” centre won’t do for muslims and that they need to build a separate facility or there will be trouble is straight out of that play-book.

That does not of course mean that every time a muslim group objects to sharing a multi-faith centre with other religions we should see the sinister machinations of global terrorism. The point is simply that the way in which you might go about starting to polarise a community which may already be fairly insular and suspicious and radicalise it against other people and government is potentially obvious here.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

It would appear that muslims do not have a serious problem with sharing a multi-faith building with others

I know that, GG! The only real requirements are that the place is clean, is not used for the preparation/serving of food, doesn’t have images or icons within, and people are able to face the direction of Mecca.

As I said, we don’t actually have any facts on this, so no point in speculating/forming ill-informed opinions.

It’s neither a canteen nor a bar

I din’t say it was. Merely suggested other users of the room might have used it in this manner.

There. I’m speculating now!!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

BTW, GG; do you ever read yer emails?? 🙄

Don’t know why I bother, I really don’t…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oh, and and area designated for Islamic prayer, should ideally have an area for people to perform their ritual ablutions. Dunno if the space mentioned has such facilities.

Anyway’s up; it’s trivial, really.

Good to see there are some very intelligent and well-thought out responses on here.

sodafarls
    Free Member

So the Daily Mail isn’t a ‘reliable source’ sodafarls ?
    LOL !

No really ………….. is this some sort of competition to make me laugh ?!!

Well, each to their own you know…but it wouldn’t be my first port of call. Just surprised that you felt the need to use it Gus, really just surprised, and dissapointed. Will you be doing so again when it suits, and accepting it’s editorial when it doesn’t?

sodafarls
    Free Member

and(sic) area designated for Islamic prayer, should ideally have an area for people to perform their ritual ablutions. Dunno if the space mentioned has such facilities.

Washing? what’s wrong with the facilities everybody else uses? Seriously, I’m still waiting for

a reasonable explanation, you know.

Not being a fan of division, and divide and rule policies, I find this somewhat contradictory to “my beliefs”.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Gus, really just surprised, and dissapointed. Will you be doing so again…….

Yes I will. I fully intend to post loads more links to Daily Mail articles in the future, and possibly even some from the Sun. So look out for my posts sodafarls.

GG; do you ever read yer emails??

Why does everyone say that to me ? Well actually I did have a little peek at my emails yesterday, saw what appeared to be several thousand unopened ones, noticed most were from STWers and thought, “right, I need to read all those”, found it all a bit scary, closed my emails, and got on with something else. I will have another peek when I have time though – I do intend to read (most of) them.

aracer
    Free Member

I find it mildly amazing, given that The Sun is one of the country’s most widely-read newspapers, how basically decent, tolerant and well-informed virtually everyone I meet seems to be.

I’ll have a wild guess that those Sun readers you do meet either buy it for the sport section or to have a bit of a giggle and don’t take it too seriously. Actually that probably covers most Sun readers.

I even know some perfectly normal and well-adjusted DM readers 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 268 total)

The topic ‘Another fine day for freedom of speech’ is closed to new replies.