Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Another exciting tyre question – Maxxis HR 2.1 or 2.3?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

As everybody and his dog says Maxxis HR are great I’ve decided to get some. 2.1 or 2.3? And what compound? Why? They’ll be on a AM HT or FS (either Mavic 719 or Mavic d321 – original). Advice please?

Vortexracing

Ive plumbed for

2.35 either end 42A supertacky front 60a maxpro rear.

Both single ply, kevlar bead rear, steel front (because they don’t do the ST in kevlar)

running on DT5.1 with ecclipse tubeless and I am very happy with them so far.

The front sticks like $h1t to a blanket!

Vortexracing

forgot to add the 2.1 are very small tyres. The reason for going 2.35 both ends is mune is going on both my FS and hardtail. Wanted a little more comfort for the hardtail

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Minions F and R dual ply (heavy but great for tubeless conversion-low pressures without premature wall failure), 2.35 60a compound.
    Great tyres, hard wearing, great on my Heckler at low pressure

Skippy

They do seem a bit smaller than other tyres, just got 2X 2.1 and now wish I had gone for the larger ones.

MrNutt
    Free Member

2.35 LUSTs here and about right, I’d potentially like to go a bit larger but I can’t rememebr if 2.5’s are availabel in LUST, I’ve a feeling they may just be supertackys?

Hairychested
    Free Member

So maybe I should go 2.5 front and rear? Both frames will take them AFAIK.

simonside
    Free Member

2.1`s are ultra narrow. Also very flimsy casings. Get the 2.35s As mentioned above I think, run a Minion DHF (some people use DHRs on front!!) on front as it rolls slightly better

Hairychested
    Free Member

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Another exciting tyre question – Maxxis HR 2.1 or 2.3?’ is closed to new replies.