Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Another ebay question.
  • spooky_b329

Sold item.

Buyer said send it quick, I’m going away for a month.

So I bent over backwards to get to the post office, buyer paid a few quid extra for 24hr delivery. Being nosy on Google maps, I notice there is no vehicle access to the address, buyer says they have an arrangement to collect items from the post office.

A few days later I check, its held at the depot due to ‘adverse weather’. Check again, still held at depot with no redelivery attempts so message buyer (who is now abroad). No response.

4 weeks after sending, it has just landed back on my doorstep. Box has ‘no vehicle access’ written on it.

So, I’ll wait for the buyer to contact me, however, if they do not want to pay for redelivery, do I need to refund the original postage? Assuming not, do I need to refund the full purchase price or can I keep some money back for my troubles?!

nealglover
    Free Member

You don’t need to refund anything.

I would Send an eBay invoice for re delivery charges, and see what happens.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Suppose depends how stroppy the buyer gets. Technically he/she could ask for the whole lot back (and would probably get it if they raise a claim on paypal).

But, if he/she has an ‘arrangement’ and couldn’t get to pick it up I’d argue that you’ve done your bit. They must have trouble like this all the time if no vehicle access. I’d personally say, look I’ve done all I could and I’ve tried to do your a favour and I don’t want to be out of pocket for you dodgy arrangement with the PO.

See what you get back in a few weeks when the buyer returns. I always love the people who buy stuff then message you saying “I’m going on holiday/cycling trip tomorrow, can you send it asap?”. Either accept it’s not gonna turn up in time or just go tot he local shop to buy it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Another ebay question.’ is closed to new replies.