Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Another eBay howler..
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Check this one out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-Giant-Anthem-MTB-Frame-size-small-15-5-XC-trail_W0QQitemZ140313946469QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item140313946469&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

It’s quite ‘subtle’ but there are some true gems in there. Take for example the quote (sic)

“I used my park aligment tools to check the rear end and it,s straight and true.”

…and(sic)

“Checkes carried out.

+Whole frame: For ware, cracks, dents or any sign of stress damage.
    +Rear shock: Adjustments Air/oil pressure and bushes.
    +Headtube: shape and condition”

Headtube SHAPE!

What has this guy been doing?

Apparently, a Giant Anthem is for:

“Intended Use: XC light freeride all mountain.”

…and if you take it out for a ride it will be your:

“dependable partner in crime”

Yes, well, indeed.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Probably one of these Park Frame Alignment Tools

http://www.blueskycycling.com/product1987_12_-Park_Tools_FAG2_Frame_Alignment_Gauge_Tool.htm

Would guess he means that the headtube is not ovalised.

And the comment “Intended Use: XC light freeride all mountain.” looks like the sort of bollix you get on bike ads.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Payday blues

If you don,t get paid until the end of the month you can have upto 14 days to pay.

Fair play – can’t argue with that though. How many times have I thought ‘if only’ . . . 😉

druidh
    Free Member

Guy seems to have a good turnover of frames. I’ve considered a few myself in the past (and he’s fairly local).

HTTP404
    Free Member

his appalling grammar and spelling is the biggest crime.

nicko74

druidh – with descriptions like that, my obvious thought is ‘where’s he getting these frames from’…

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Al a lot of decent range frames in the 300-500 quid mark, and has a 100% feedback. I can see how it could all look a bit suspicious – but then maybe someone not a total bike freak has the job of listing all the stuff.

DezB
    Free Member

He’s quite expensive for lube and poultry

Grease and turkey is about £70.

Julian13
    Free Member

I don’t think, given his feedback history, that he is guilty of anything other than sub-standard education.

zangolin
    Free Member

Maybe not the most grammatically correct Ebay add but otherwise a straight up & honest add. So why try and put the seller down? Does it bother you that much? (my grammer + spelling aint perfect)

no_eyed_dear – I guess you’re showing your own ignorance about frame alignment tools there – yes they do exist! What is wrong with checking if the head tube is round & is not ovalised from crash damage?

Smacks of that particular mindset some cyclists have i.e. demeaning about any rider who dares to not have the right bike or the right piece of kit or calls it the wrong thing.

All I can say is lighten up.

njee20
    Free Member

Yes it’s thorough, but it looks like a pretty good listing to me. Why these people don’t use a spell checker though I don’t know, it would throw up most of the glaring errors!

mandog

Down with bad spelling and grammer!

emac65
    Free Member

Looks like an honest guy selling good quality frames at reasonable prices to me.So his spelling & grammer aren’t the best but his feedback is bang-on,I know which one I’d rather have…..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Another eBay howler..’ is closed to new replies.