Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • ANOTHER CYCLIST KILLED, HIT AND RUN, BATH
  • project
    Free Member

http://road.cc/content/news/99085-police-witness-appeal-after-hit-and-run-bath-cyclist-dies-injuries

Yet another cyclist looses their life and the low life killing scum, leave him dead on the side of the road, they dont even have the guts or willpower to phone for an ambulance.Let alone wait and try and comfort the poor bloke.

grtdkad

Total scum. Lock them up.

tinybits
    Free Member

That’s shit. It’s about 1/2 a mile from me and kind of drives it home about the dangers out there. Odds on it being some **** who has screamed around the tripple carriageway and dived off on the bridge to find a cyclist there.
    Can’t imagine if The driver was not breaking the law in some way, that they would not have stopped.
    Tragic.

mrmo
    Free Member

gut instinct driving without insurance,

Edric64
    Free Member

only a mile and a bit down the road from me as well are there any cameras around there Sainsburys garage or anywhere a bit closer?

Philby

Sad news…again!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

So very sad and either unbelievably callous or someone who should never be in a car.

dannyh
    Free Member

I would throw in driving whilst on a phone or whilst pissed as possibilities as well. The number of people I see blithely rabbiting on phones whilst trying to steer round tight corners still beggars belief. I also regularly follow cars that are most likely driven by someone who is pissed up, the gradual wander to the middle of the road followed by quick slew back to the left, and repeated every twenty seconds or so. Why can’t people get it into their heads that they are vastly more likely to kill or maim other people whilst driving than any other activity?

Surely you should err on the side of caution knowing what the consequences of taking risks can be?

Anyway, really sad news, thoughts out to family and friends. No one should have to risk being killed to use a bicycle as a form of transport.

Karinofnine

Oh my god, that’s very bad news indeed.

So the driver was possibly not insured, drunk or high – or done it before perhaps? I get why they f**cked off (not condoning in any way) but why on earth didn’t the driver ring for an ambulance? S/he could have used a phone box or borrowed someone’s phone if they were worried about the call being traced back.

What utterly low, despicable behaviour to leave someone injured in the road.

Who ever you are, I wish you a very long life … beset by ill health, unhappiness and bad luck.

project
    Free Member

For the day shift.

project
    Free Member

The rider has been named as Jake Gilmour,

http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/LocalPages/NewsDetails.aspx?nsid=28291&t=4&lid=0

Please keep an eye out for a damaged vehicle, if you spot one locally and report to the police.

and another cyclist killed today in london and one serious hurt, in a seperate collision.

kelvin

Very sad.

spockrider
    Free Member

Was told this evening that the lad was a college mate of my friends son. Don’t know many details but someone somewhere knows where that car is. Lets hope they get the scumbag soon. Another family torn to bits by a selfish idiot. It’s one thing knocking someone off a bike in error but to leave them for dead, no ambulance or attempting to save the lads life is effin sick 🙁

project
    Free Member

Update a driver has been arrested after he dumped the car.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-25001221

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ANOTHER CYCLIST KILLED, HIT AND RUN, BATH’ is closed to new replies.