Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Another cyclist assaulted – update
  • GrahamS

a drunk woman walking him in a small dress

I can’t decide if that is two typos or just one 😉

convert

Careful now. You don’t want to insult his literary skills or he’ll report you and the thread will be closed 😉

MoreCashThanDash

It’s like deja vu all over again some days…..

GrahamS

people wonder why the previous thread was locked

I don’t actually know why the last thread was locked. There was a differing of opinion, as there is here, but that’s the nature of debate. It didn’t seem that heated or personal to me.

Mods are you okay with this thread?

Disarming, none confrontational, friendly – not very London!

Oh yeah, I forgot, London.

She should probably have gone for “Why dontcha faa****ing watch where you’re faa****ing going you ca*****nt?!?”

😆

Why the woman felt the need to ask someone plainly crossing the road minding his own business to please don’t try knock me off my bike is a mystery.

All we have is the blurry video. She was there and clearly got the vibe that his approach was a bit menacing and he might mean her harm.

Judging from his subsequent reaction she was at least partially right.

The way cyclists can do no wrong in the eyes of a lot of members on here is a joke.

I’d be equally willing to defend her actions if she was a pedestrian or a motorcyclist.

If you want some criticism towards her for balance then yes, I think that *if* she did indeed flick the finger at him then that was probably misjudged, but I can entirely understand why she did.

GrahamS

I like the comment on road.cc:

I personally am looking forward to the YouAndYours programme about dangerous pedestrians….

“Have you ever been put at risk on the road by a pedestrian?”

😆

binners

MoreCashThanDash

The last thread did get very argumentative. Too many Lahndoners on it, possibly?

GrahamS

Teh Grauniad has a nice commentary on this whole debacle and the more general situation of abuse faced by cyclists, especially female cyclists:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/aug/26/bike-women-cyclist-pushed-pedestrian-social-media

Worth a read. But depressing.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Another cyclist assaulted – update’ is closed to new replies.