Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Another CRC Rant
  • polodingalong
    Free Member

So after having to deal with their failed security causing me to get a new card, it seems it was all pointless anyway.

Bought a THE carbon helmet in medium and after a quick fitting felt it was an ok size. After a day downhilling it, decided the pads were a bit too big so home to order a new set of smaller liners. For those of you that don’t know, THE helmets use one size of shell and you can switch liners to change the size, or that’s the theory. Was one of the main reasons I bought a THE helmet.

Got the new liner through to find that the velcro fitting is the opposite way round from the original liner meaning the the new liner doesn’t stay in properly making it useless.

Decided to drop CRC a quick email asking what could be done to get a liner thats fits. I was thinking there were maybe two different liners for the carbon helmet and the composite helmet.

The reply I’ve got back is comical. CRC have advised that I go get some velcro pads, cut up the liner and glue new velcro in place. Now yes, there are cases for a bodge but when you’ve just spent 150 quid on a helmet I don’t expect to have to go cut and glue just to get it fitting as it was designed to.

Saying that, I didnt expect to have to cut up the card I used to order it.

So not happy at all but am I being unreasonable?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If you’d gone to your LBS you could have got one that fits? Anyway, 10 minutes with soem sticky back velcro from the market is hardly the end of the world.

xiphon
    Free Member

If you’d gone to your LBS you could have got one that fits?

+1

When mrs xiphon needed a full face lid, it was essential to visit various LBS’s – whoever had the small sizes in stock – to find one that fitted. Mail order/online shopping was not practical.

Props to Grizedale bike shop – they had many different small sizes in stock – and we walked out with a perfect fitting lid (and leg armour… and goggles….)

I thought it was normal practice to buy at least your first helmet or pair of shoes from a shop where you could try them on.
    After that, you can buy the replacement on line.

kimbers
    Trimix
    Free Member

Isnt it a problem with the Helmet and not CRC ?

polodingalong
    Free Member

Surely it’s a problem in that a replacement CRC are seliing that’s designed to for this helmet doesn’t actually fit this helmet and the extent that they are helping is telling me to go fix it myself rather than sending me a liner that fits.

retro83
    Free Member

MidlandTrailquestsGraham – Member

I thought it was normal practice to buy at least your first helmet or pair of shoes from a shop where you could try them on.
    After that, you can buy the replacement on line.

If you buy a helmet on the strength of availability of replacement inners available to alter fit, then when you buy one you find they don’t actually work then I think you have legitimate grounds for complaint IMHO.

Own them with bombers OP.

I get your point, retro, if the liners won’t attach to the helmet because the velcro is wrong, then they are not fit for purpose.
    It’s just that I’ve got an odd shaped head and I wouldn’t rely on a large shell being able to fit comfortably by simply changing the liners without trying one on first.

joao3v16
    Free Member

If the liner’s not suitable then return it for a refund.
    It’s not CRC’s fault that it’s incompatible with the helmet shell.

Although their advice wasn’t entirely helpful – I’d have expected them to say return it for a refund and/or suggest what product is compatible…

Perhaps the liner you got sent was a duff that somehow got through quality control at the THE factory?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Another CRC Rant’ is closed to new replies.