Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 138 total)
  • Another 'could you ride this'??
  • ton

could you ❓

IanMunro
    Free Member

For charity, sure.
    /edit I'm sure there was a picture of this above when I typed.

Special_ized_Jamie

Looked steep and quite painful!

Hard to tell how steep it is from the video.

ton

very steep.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Right. So we can't tell how steep it is, it's just steep, you say. Is "maybe" the answer you're looking for here? I think perhaps it is. 😀

ton

mr munro……………much 😆

ton

db, wtf is the problem, if you are not interested dont **** look.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I dunno, **** knows, until PLUSNET get their shiz together.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I think I may have fell off and injured myself if I had done it 😆 That does look 'kin steep mind

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I reckon I could, but nowhere near as fast as he tried to!

shermer75
    Free Member

Can't believe the dude forewent his pads. Postal!

willej

The most important thing: Was his bike OK?!?

rs
    Free Member

looks quite steep to me.

westkipper
    Free Member

No, I think I definitely couldn't ride that (but all my bikes are at the rigid, stiffback end of the scale)
    But, as with the last clip, I AM wondering if I could ride up it.
    (probably not either, but I'm wondering)

Northwind

Was that filmed by MBUK? Camera's at a nice jaunty angle to make everything look steep :mrgreen:

Can't tell what's going on at all from the video but going by the way the bike's reacting it's pretty tough, not sure I'd attempt it from first impressions. I'd want to see it, if it looks mincable I'd probably mince it.

GW
    Free Member

looks fairly straight forward, where is it?

pastcaring
    Free Member

"oooo ooooo"

looks pretty steep and it looks like you gotta squeeze between those two rocks up the top.

i'd have a go, don't know if i'd still be on the bike at the bottom 😥

simonralli2
    Free Member

I think his problem was that he did not have enough speed and he was too heavy on the brakes. I could do that no problem, I would just take it at much more speed and lay off the brakes. Momentum is your friend and all that. Hope he was ok though. At least he tried.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ok – so video flattens everything but like your last one it doesn't look anything special.

all rollable.

got any tough bits ton? Or is it all mincers like me?

ton

teej, you and i both know, as long as you have a hole in your ar5s, you will never be able to ride this………….
    shall i post it over >>>>>>> and see what they all think if i ask them if you can ride it??

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Over where?

It looks like stuff I ride. How the **** do you know what I can ride. Ever Seen me ride? That looks no harder than stuff I ride. Steep rocky chute with a few steps in it – what 30 degree angle and steps of a foot or so?

Go ride Laggan black.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Following him, I'd probably lose my nerve, but i'd stand at the top posturing for a while.

DrP

Probably.
    There – positive answers!

DrP

devs
    Free Member

Ok so the dude attempts it but doesn't really commit. He's on the brakes and falling off before he even gets to the tricky bit. He just messes up the fall more than anything else. Could I ride it? Dunno as video makes everything look easy but I don't see anything there that would stop me.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I'd do it after TJ had done it 😉

carlosg
    Free Member

Looking up the chute there seems to be an obvious route down it that your mate went to one side of?

From the camera angle it doesn't look too steep certainly no steeper than a lot of the stuff on my local ride.

ton

teej, come on, stop fibbing.
    you so cant ride stuff like that. 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Have you ever ridden with me Ton? So how on earth do you know what I can and do ride

As others have said despite knowing that video flattens stuff neither of the two clips you have posted look that hard. Seriously

Go google for some pics or vids of laggan black for some comparison. I ride 30 degree slopes with rock steps around a foot high fairly regularly – an that is all those clips looked like.

So – away and shite and bait someone else. I am quite content in knowing my ability and where it stands. I don't have to be an attention whore and try to put others down all the time to make myself feel big. I am comfortable in my own skin

You on the other hand…………………….

ton

😆

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

i have seen you ride tj and you would fail on that

jam-bo

not on that line…

Yorkshire_Lad
    Free Member

Ton is who's TandemJeremy? He sounds like a right…..

ton

rick…………nail on the head mate….. 😆

radoggair
    Free Member

his line was wrong by looks of it, doesn't look too bad although doesn't show rest of trail. Doable, easily i think

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ton – are you really so lacking in social skills and confidence that you have to attempt to put other people down to make yourself feel slightly less inadequate?

I fail to see what you gain from this. Are you that insecure?

jam-bo

maybe, but he's definitely good at fishing.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

TJ – laggan black was easy. The first vid ton posted looked harder but still fairly do-able. This one does look a fair bit worse but i'd still like a crack at it.

+1 yorkshire lad too

Yorkshire_Lad
    Free Member

HA HA, must be someone we know. Nobody can be this touchy.

If not TJ lighten up. I was on this ride last night and let me tell you it's bloody steep, even I didn't have a go.

ton

teej, i fail to see where i have put anyone down.
    i posted a clip of a mate riding a pretty nasty gully, i asked if people could ride it.
    some will be able to. you came on and said you could.
    i have ridden with people who have ridden with you.
    sometime we even converse on these rides…….so that lets me believe that you cant ride nasty techy steep slippy wet gullies.

if you consider that a put down…eho
    i consider it common sense.

timdrayton
    Free Member

TandemJeremy gets angry over what some bloke said on the internet……. again

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘Another 'could you ride this'??’ is closed to new replies.