Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Another combi boiler question
  • dux
    Free Member

Not the usual question though…

A few months ago i had my new boiler installed and am very happy with it, big monthly savings! 😀

My question is though, when no hot water is being used and the heating isn’t on, why does the boiler fire up and the hot water light is on? It does this every so often through out the day, is it supposed to? What is it doing? Is this the condensing thats going on?

Can anyone help?

Dux

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

what boiler is it? probably a preheat function so you don’t wait to long for hot water. on most it can be disabled

phiiiiil

The combi in our last house fired up very briefly twice a day. I never found out why, I assumed it was some kind of self-test / just-keeping-everything-ticking-over function or somesuch…

peasant
    Free Member

It is a preheat ,most can be turned off

nealglover
    Free Member

It will be the boiler preheat (speeds up waiting time at the tap for hot water)

If its a Worcester Bosch Greenstar it will have an Eco button that turns the preheat off, other manufacturers will have similar features, have a read of the instructions.

(If it doesn’t have a preheat function, then I’ve no idea 🙂 )

Junkyard
    Free Member

MY BOsch still does it on the Eco function and never found out why- granted I have not read the instructions as i am not that interested but it does do it

dux
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply. Its a Main Eco Elite if that helps anyone.Will have to dig out the instructions i think

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

You sir are a proper man.
    Instructions ? Meh, who needs them ? 😆

nealglover
    Free Member

MY BOsch still does it on the Eco function and never found out why- granted I have not read the instructions as i am not that interested but it does do it

It shouldn’t.

If you are bothered, call Worcester Bosch technical – 0844 892 3366

http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/mobile/customer-service/faqs/heating-controls/why-might-i-want-to-programme-hot-water-times-with-my-combi-boiler

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Another combi boiler question’ is closed to new replies.