Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Another coffee machine thread: Illy iperesspresso machines
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

Been looking at the usual Nespresso and Tassimo threads as I fancy replacing my 17 yr old Krups espresso machine which has served me very well over the years but is starting to look tired and tatty. I’m not into the various fancy coffee drinks, just a basic espresso with some frothy milk to make a cappuccino or latte. Both the Nespresso and Tassimo machines seem to do the trick, but I like Illy coffee so have also been looking at the Illy system with their iperspresso pods. The machines are a bit more expensive, but if it lasts as well as my current machine it’ll owe me nothing by the end of its service life, so don’t mind making that initial investment. Pods are roughly comparable price wise and just as available. So has anyone got one of these machines and what do you think? Any pro’s and cons vs the Nespresso or Tassimo or the other machines that take the tea bag style pod system (that illy also support)??

Cheers.

sharkbait
    Free Member

[STW review]
    We have a Nespresso and my sister has a Tassimo – hers is crap and ours is ace 🙂
    [/STW review]

I love our Nespresso U, the coffee is consistent and tastes very nice, but I do like to fill it with frothy milk milk from the most excellent Aeroccino (which is a must-have).

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Thanks sharkbait, I’ve looked at the Nespresso vs Tassimo threads but have not seen much in the Illy pod system machines. The Aerocccino looks like a winner for the frothy milk, definitely on my Christmas list!

sandwicheater

On the milk front i’d recommend the cheaper Bodum.

Been using it for a couple of years and is ace. Couple minutes in the microwave, 30 seconds of frothing, done.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Another coffee machine thread: Illy iperesspresso machines’ is closed to new replies.