Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Another Camera thread (Sorry)
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Well after the get rid of my DSLR thread and recommend a compact thread I went window shopping and fondled some camera equipment.

I don’t like the compacts and a smaller dslr (Canon 100d wasn’t much smaller than my 1100d.

I did however like the look of a Sony A5000 csc looks ideal for my mtb and mountain trips and keep the Canon for my aviation and night time shots.

Anyone had any experience with the Sony?

unknown
    Free Member

I recently bought an A5000 and I’m very pleased with it so far. I’m the first to admit my knowledge of photography is very limited, but I’m looking forward to playing about a bit. Bought it over a DSLR as I thought having a CSC in my bag would get more/better photos than a DSLR sat at home cos it’s too big.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

That’s my reasoning also. I want something that will slip into a jacket or rucksack and not weigh me down like my dslr does. I use my phone and compact camera (cheapo panasonic Lumix) more. But want better image quality. I can see me selling the dslr.

Do the A5000 have any fast prime lenses?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    5thElefant
    Free Member

Yes, the 50mm f1.8 is nice (and stabilised). There’s a more expensive 35mm f1.8 (stabilised again). A lovely 28mm f2 and then some slower stuff…

… a trio of cheap and impressive f2.8 sigmas – 19, 30, 60. And 16 and 20mm f2.8 pancakes.

Plus some more expensive stuff including zeiss 25mm and 85mm.

Old manual lenses work very well thanks to focus peaking.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Another Camera thread (Sorry)’ is closed to new replies.