Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Another Bike Theft – Tamworth
  • ingwerfuchs
    Free Member

Three bikes taken from a garden shed overnight.

Anodized green On-One Scandal 29er with white Rock Shox Reba Dual Air Forks, Race Face Deus XC bars, SLX brakes (no cranks or drive train – had an incident with a Deore crankset on Sunday :-))
    Yellow Giant Defy 2 road bike (all standard spec except for a Plant X saddle)
    Black womens Specialized Myka Sport with Rock Shox Tora, Hayes Nine brakes.

All double locked with decent locks and bolts on the shed door too. (no ground anchor though).

I feel surprisingly OK with it. The shed has been broken into before which was galling even though nothing was taken that time. So this time I feel a bit “Grrr – the mother*****s!” but that’s all. I suppose I’m hoping for a positive result with the insurance.

One strange thing is that a set of PZ Racing carbon 29er forks (brand new) were left in the shed – they really did just want the bikes.

C’est la vie!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I’m in Tamworth so will keep an eye out on my travels.

phildaws
    Free Member

Tamworth here also, will keep an eye out…. good attitude btw, don’t let the sods get to you, it won’t achieve anything…

ingwerfuchs
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I thought I was the only Tammy on here. Well ya live and learn. Do you think you were spotted coming and going with the bikes.?

takisawa2

Other side of Mount Hopwas here, in the Field of Lich, but eyes will be kept open for you.

Usual advice, set up an EBay Auto search for anything local(ish) that comes up, component & bike level.

ingwerfuchs
    Free Member

Almost certainly spotted – me and a mate came back from the Chase on Sunday lunchtime with bikes on the roof. And Saturday was spent in the sunshine in the garden fixing up an old Claud Butler for a mate so I went in and out a few times to check everything was working as normal.

The police have just been around and I’ve provided pictures and frame numbers so that might prove useful (although I doubt it). He was really helpful though and I’ve got someone else coming in the next hour to check for prints or any other evidence. Can’t say a bad word against the boys in blue so far in this episode.

I’ll have a look at setting up an ebay search although I’ve not done it before so may have a few questions….

mattk
    Free Member

I’m tamworth so I’ll keep an eye out. If it was local kids there’s a chance the mtbs might show up at the track or the skatepark. I use both so I’ll sneak a look at anyone not on a bmx.

It might be worth talking to the second hand shops in town and making them aware. Then if they get offered the bikes they can take details. They might even be stupid enough to take them into the local bike shops ( two wheels only and Dave Owen) so perhaps a word with them too.

Gutted for you mate, bloody scallies

ingwerfuchs
    Free Member

Here are two of the bikes – the Specialized now has Rock Shox Toras, not the standard Suntour forks.

Can’t find a decent pic of the Giant but it’s a standard 2010 Defy 3.

Specialized Myka by IngwerFuchs, on Flickr

Scandal 29er by IngwerFuchs, on Flickr

The police are planning to speak to Dave and 2Wheels to get word out. I’m already part way through speaking to Barclays who seem helpful so far.

MrAgreeable

I suppose I’m hoping for a positive result with the insurance.

Be very careful if you do manage to get some nice shiny replacements, as the thieves will know what your address is and will be back for seconds.

ingwerfuchs
    Free Member

I’ll be sure to keep bikes in the house from now on, which might mean locking horns with the OH. 🙂

Managed to set up an ebay search (it was quite simple actually!) and I’ve posted in a few local Facebook cycling pages, had some RTs on twitter. Also filled out some details on bikeshepherd.com.

TBH I’m resigned to never seeing them again but you never know.

Next task is to look at some replacements.

takisawa2

Sounds like the insurance is playing ball, but I’ve some 29er wheels & tyres your welcome to borrow if it gets to “cobbling together” stage.

goyawave
    Free Member

Do you really want them breaking into your home to get your shiny new replacements??

We still struggle to get a good nights sleep 4 months after they broke into our home while we were in bed!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Another Bike Theft – Tamworth’ is closed to new replies.