Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Another Bike Stolen Cheltenham[Leckhampton]keep eyes peeled Thanks.
  • dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Wednesday night Trek Session 8 small 2012 mainly white frame bit of red on it.Standard.Keep a look out cheers.

v666ern
    Free Member

Were you at lecky at the time or is that where it was teefed from? Was it yours?

will keep an eye out…im still searching gumtree for mine a year on…

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Its a mates stolen Wednesday night from Naunton Lane area.Bolted to floor ground the base of with axle grinder.Lock still on it.He used it up Lecky.Thanks for keeping an eye out cheers .

alfabus
    Free Member

eek… that’s getting a bit close to me for comfort!

might beef up my security a bit this weekend!

Dave

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus! This is getting too regular. Will keep eyes peeled – any photos?

grahamh
    Free Member

email from correctiveroger today saying he had his house broken into today, bikes the target..
    Looks like they are taking it to the next level. 🙁

mrmo
    Free Member

scary thing is i see precious little action from the police!

mikertroid
    Free Member

Mate had his Rocky Mountain Element stolen from Leckhampton the week before last.

I’d avoid riding up the hill for now…..

mrmo
    Free Member

ebay

I am going to apologise before i go any further this person may be legit, but they seem to be shifting a lot of bikes, cameras, wind surf gear, to me too much.

doglover
    Free Member

mrmo am sure just saw those hope wheels in the classifieds ??? so probably someone here.

mrmo
    Free Member

doglover, could be legit, just seems to be shifting a lot of secondhand bikes and bits. Which with the numbers of bikes being nicked round here is bound to getting questions asked, or so you would hope!

monsteryeti
    Free Member

Mates in Hall rd have lost 2 bikes in recent months too.

Just need to catch one of them, I can show them what else an hack saw / angle grinder can do…….!

v666ern
    Free Member

Rog, if your reading thats terrible news…sorry man you dont deserve that

correctiveroger
    Free Member

v66ern
    They kicked a panel out of my back door(ahem..) and I don’t lock my bikes up inside the house. They managed to find the front door key hanging up and were in the process of about to wheel my new (to me) Bottlerocket out. Lady Luck shone down on me and my daughter returned from school and must have disturbed them. They took NOTHING. Definitely bike targeted. They’ed accessed my garage (car and bike rack only stored in it) and even looked in the Wendy house. For so long I have said to peole keep the bikes inside the house. This scares me for sure now!!! A neighbour reckons some suspicious looking characters had been scoping our area out and they obviously knew the house was empty for a bit, my wife is usually at home being a childminder. I am just going to put multiple locks around my two bikes now, ground anchor, all keys hidden away and invest in a door that a scumbag can’t simply kick in the lower panel in.
    There was an accident involving a car near by at the time of my break in and this vehicle was then abandoned so I hear. To be honest, I’ve been helping to report stolen bikes related to Leckhampton Hill riders for years now and I have no confidnce that the police will solve this. None at all. We have got to make it as hard as possible for them to take our bikes. Still stressed and shaken this morning though.

DarrenH

Thieving scrotes!
    Will keep an eye out in the Hucclecote/Barnwood area.

v666ern
    Free Member

hope your daughters ok…id get some security or a big dog if i were you…how much does cctv cost the cops must surely know who they are and just need a face to press charges?…naive maybe!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Rog, you need something like this – make the identity and prosecution easier.

http://reviews.cnet.com/webcams/dropcam-wi-fi-security/4505-6502_7-34176607.html

You all smartwatered up?

Dimmadan
    Free Member

There was a article in the Citizen last week about people who had been riding in the FOD getting their bikes stolen the night they returned home. Local police think that bikes are being stolen to order and pedelabikeaway is a perfect location to scope out bikes before the riders are followed home.

pingu66
    Free Member

I use two of these at home

hamishthecat
    Free Member

mrmo – that Norco is on the Classifieds now…

downhill123
    Free Member

I had my 2009 Blue Specialized Big Hit with white Rock Shox Domain forks stolen on Saturday 28 April the minute that I came home from a morning up Lecky. I went into my house to get the key for the garage and the bike was gone 30 seconds later when I came out with the garage key. Please all beware!! If you see my bike please let me know.

downhill123
    Free Member

v666ern
    Free Member

ill keep an eye out on gumtree glos for the next couple of days for you

sorry dude

have you reported it, try kicking up a stink, the cops must have some idea whose doing it

do you think you were followed, or just a opportune (sp?) theft, was it left on a car etc at home

downhill123
    Free Member

I came home from Lecky and left the bike outside my house for 30 seconds and it was gone when I came out if the house to put the bike away

mrmo
    Free Member

downhill123 did you see anyone who looks like,

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eqlz-qCC34[/video]

or like this?

facebook link?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

This is getting crazy must be a lock-up with loads of bikes in it.Someone one is making loads of money out of this.Big hit now mates session not the smallest of bikes to hide.

mrmo
    Free Member

This is getting crazy must be a lock-up with loads of bikes in it.Someone one is making loads of money out of this.Big hit now mates session not the smallest of bikes to hide.

This is the odd thing, the bikes don’t seem to be resurfacing, you just don’t see parts or bikes going through ebay, gumtree etc. These aren’t easy bikes to shift, they are going well prepared to get these bikes, does suggest stealing to order rather than pissed walking home from the pub and “borrowing” a bike.

smiff
    Free Member

my guess, based on nothing, is that they’re going into a shipping container and being exported.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Get over yourself, they are not rangerovers fps.

rickon
    Free Member

Well, my mate had £35k worth of bikes nicked last weekend, I’ve had £12k worth of bikes nicked this year. I’d say that’s rangerover money.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

They are not rangerovers

Exactly – untraceable and easy to transport.

wwaswas

and no ones going to question a container with ‘bicycles for export’ written on it whereas a RangeRover may warrant closer inspection.

The above are nowhere near me but I think a further review of garage security might be in order – this just seems to be happening more and more.

I do hope a lack of exclusion zones setup on Strava doesn’t leave more people vulnerable to having their bikes nicked.

I sometimes wonder if there’s lurkers on here who track people with nice bikes down from what they post.

Pigface
    Free Member

A mate sold a WR250 Yamaha 6 months ago, agreed to meet Eastern European gent in a laybe near the house as he was a bit suspicious. Bloke was fine but had about 9 dirtbikes in back of van to go back to Poland. All legit but he did warn that not all people were and that is was a lucrative trade. Cant see MTB’s being any different.

qwerty
    Free Member

Bike theft sucks, particularly more so if they’ve entered your house.

Shirley under the Police Charter if you get enough of you to prove its a very real problem in your local area the local Police will have to act upon it. Your local newspapers could help raise the profile of the crimes.

mikertroid
    Free Member

I sometimes wonder if there’s lurkers on here who track people with nice bikes down from what they post.

I’m sure that happens. I’m very wary of that having fallen foul of an eBay scam in the past “I’d like to come and look at your bike” = “now I’ve got your address I shall come and nick it”. Won’t fall for that one again.

Be very wary!

I suspect these bIkes are off up north, many northern ones come down south so they can be fenced with ease.

There are gangs in Bristol who are happy to travel. ‘Nam next to the M5 M50 M42 is a perfect place to get your bikes.

I’m not sure I’d ride there for a while.

smiff
    Free Member

the uk is a small place and pretty well connected. if lots of nice bikes are going missing and not turning up, there’s not really any other explanation is there? not sure if onceinalifetime’s comment was aimed at me, but you can get a lot of bikes in the space of one landrover first person shooter. doubt interpol are going to be interested..

they aren’t being melted down like gold.

v666ern
    Free Member

no trek’s or BH’s but at least the local fuzz are taking an interest…

monsteryeti
    Free Member

Suprise suprise. Leckhampton again. My mate had his Lapierre Zesty 514 stolen about 4 months ago, replaced it with this years 314 with the insurance money and after riding Tuesday night, his shed was broken into again whilst he was in the house, the lock in the ground anchor sawn, the chain to his lawn mower was sawn and the D-Lock attached to a the other 2 locks taken with.

Same people no doubt knowing he would have a replacement by now.

Any clues / names / leads rewarded. If we catch them I will post the video of what we will be doing to them with some powertools. 😐

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Another Bike Stolen Cheltenham[Leckhampton]keep eyes peeled Thanks.’ is closed to new replies.