Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Another Afan Q
  • ackie
    Free Member

Never been before.

Should I take the Dialled Alpine or Kona Kula Supreme?

I know my hardtail botty is gonna get battered but do I need more up front or less in weight?

thomthumb
    Free Member

both would be fine depends if your feeling burly or racey!

that’s no help is it! 🙂

brakeswithface

Have you given tire choice thorough consideration? ;o)

Wall and Pennhydd are very smooth, whites is a bit “steppier” if that helps.

clubber
    Free Member

As above, both will be fine – it just really depends what sort of riding yo fancy. If you’re going to be timing yourself then the Kona, if you’re there just for maximum fun then the Dialled. Unless of course you’re the sort of person who talks about climbs that are fun, in which case bring the Kona, regardless 🙂

nickc

Alpine

sharki
    Free Member

Dialled for fun FS fa max attack.

Ambrose

Either, just make sure you avoid ‘Frog Corner’ on Penhydd.

FWIW My fastest has prob been on a HT, but more fun on a F/S

giddyrob
    Free Member

alphine for a bit of jaw rattling action!

fs for speed and fun!

depends on your mood 🙂

ackie
    Free Member

BTW the Kona Kula is a XC 80mm hardtail 😉

rOcKeTdOg

go on then…..
    frog corner?

ackie
    Free Member

What is this Frog Corner” you speak of? Should I be worried?

sp
    Free Member

Frog corner just boggy and muddy most of the time IMO thats mountain biking in the UK 😆

jimster
    Free Member

Alpine.

Took rigid in-bred there last week, did Penhydd on Monday – needed suspension and gears, Whites on Thursday coped fine and Penhydd again Saturday was fine. 😀

wonnyj
    Free Member

Frog corner is quality, I ride it almost every weekend and its not always a bog. Even when it is you can still carry your speed round the bottom corner and blast through the quagmire. Plus there is the opportunity for getting your wheels off the ground.

True the climb out is a bit of a killer, but then i quite like the odd climb!

Also, from brakeswithface above, its the penhydd and whites which are relatively smooth, with the wall being the most rocky and brake bumpy.

waihiboy
    Free Member

if you want to be a girl take the full sus, if you want to be a man and feel you have ‘owned’ the mountain take the HT

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d take more travel. At the kona mashup I took my XC race bike and really regretted it. I got a real pounding, and I was slow too. Then we are talking about a race.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Yeah on the balance I think you might have a bit more fun on the full sus.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Another Afan Q’ is closed to new replies.