Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Another 29'er post…. finally getting around to laying down the cash for one.
  • emldnhg

OK – 6’4″,intrigued by 29’ers and am considering getting one….

Have been looking around for a while, considered the titanium offerings from the usual suspects and am now looking at the Yeti Big Top 29er. Anyone had any experience of one? Any views?

Any other recommendations?

Ta!

trail_rat
    Free Member

loving this recently …. ragley TD-1 . Depends what your looking for in a bike but its fast and comfy.

ive set mine up with a rohloff but it can take gears or SS just by swapping drop outs.

chainslapp
    Free Member

Nice looking piece of kit. Whats the reason for choosing this one? 🙂

Trail Rat, I had no idea there was another titanium 29er Rohloff & Land Rover owner on here.
    It turns out I am not as niche as I thought then. 🙁

emldnhg, I like my Lynskey Ridgeline. I don’t know why, but it just feels faster than my aluminium Gary Fisher Rig or the custom Reynolds 725 steel frame I used to have. I’ve never had chance to compare it to any other titanium frame though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

yeah but you make yours look good !

my landy was bought purely to get me in and out of the house – its fine to walk 2 miles in knee deep snow every day till you have to carry shopping / coal and other things in all the time …..

landy copes with it admirably and i have to admit im getting quite attached to it – theres something about it tht no other car ive driven has – ive had big jap 4x4s before and even they were nothing like this for fun and smiles per mile !

just in from a ride on the td-1 the only improvement would be a 4 inch rear tire for this snow :d

terrahawk
    Free Member

I broke my Land Rover many years ago, but I can’t recommend a TD:1 enough 😉

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Loving mine:

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Got a Yeti Big top frame (6ft 4″ and XL frame) – its beautiful !. Looks very well made, light as, just trying to find time to build it.

GET ONE !
    Not seen another out on the trails, on that basis alone its worth having. 😆

rOcKeTdOg

that Yeti does look lush

one of the reasons i tried 29er was they make me look like i’m riding a bike the correct size, rather than a childs bike

of course once i tried it there wasn’t any going back really. i can only speak for Singulars though, not ridden any other brands fro long enough to comment on them

in proportion

the sun, in January ??? ride by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

steel and Ti are equally lovely though

365/285 12/10/10 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

clubber
    Free Member

bunnerscj – Member
    Got a Yeti Big top frame (6ft 4″ and XL frame) – its beautiful !. Looks very well made, light as, just trying to find time to build it.

I’d give up a night’s sleep to get it built if I had one 😉

emldnhg

Some awesome looking pieces of kit – particularly that Jones frame,…. spotted one of those at the D2D a couple of years ago sporting a similar monster tyre…

I really like the look of the Ragley, took a pretty close look at it as originally I was looking for a Ti frame – something that would be able to withstand my “ambition over ability” approach to riding which means I tend to come off fast and hard pretty frequently (usually over the bars)…. – but I’m looking for a bit of squish up front to make this years enduros a little more comfortable.

The Yeti looks like a sharp piece of kit, the carbon back end concerns me a little. I have the chance to pick one up in the US in a couple of weeks, but possible reliability issues with the backend concern me….

chainslapp
    Free Member

Take a look at this……

29er Report.

charliedontsurf

Salsa Selma is coming in a ti flavour soon.
    Looking forward to getting some in the shop.
    And the ti el-mariachi is due here any week now.
    The selma would be my ti choice, as its also single speed compatible, hub gears too, and you can even run a mech. but I am a steel kind of guy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Another 29'er post…. finally getting around to laying down the cash for one.’ is closed to new replies.