Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Anorexia and Obesity
  • ton

is the fear and loathing of food the same as the love and desire for food.

colnagokid

Its all about obsession

iDave
    Free Member

1/10

project
    Free Member

Anorexia is caused by how you think your body looks ,fat and overweight,so you slim then just stop eating.

Body dismorphia.

Obesity is just for fat buggers,who love burgers ful of fat.

falkirk-mark

Obesity is just for fat buggers,who love burgers ful of fat beer.

ton

seriously…..i love food.
    i do not believe people let themselves get to 30/40 stone just through greed.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

mmmmm pie…

Junkyard
    Free Member

i agree it takes lots of greed and no desire to ever wipe your own @rse again to get to that size
    Thin people like food you have seen me eat occasionally on a ride iirc

project
    Free Member

Eating to excess is usually a sign of stress as eating a comfort food helps to relieve stress.

Also anyone notice fat people are either eating or on a mobile, sometimes both, they need to exercise the jaw muscles while ordering a huge big mac,

zaskar
    Free Member

Reward Pathway for obesity is different to the delusion of self-image in anorexia.

iDave
    Free Member

seriously…..i love food

just be fat then, hope you love medical treatment too?

jon1973
    Free Member

i do not believe people let themselves get to 30/40 stone just through greed.

I agree. I eat what I want and don't put on weight, so it's not just about self control (or lack of it). Some people are pre-disposed to put on weight, and you can see it's hereditary in some cases.

Junkyard
    Free Member

thin people love food too just less of it

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

jon – rubbish. Very very few people have a hereditary or genetic component to obesity. its almost always gratuitous overeating

druidh
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member
    I agree. I eat what I want and don't put on weight, so it's not just about self control (or lack of it). Some people are pre-disposed to put on weight, and you can see it's hereditary in some cases.

Bollocks! What's hereditary is lack of discipline and poor food choice.

jon1973
    Free Member

TJ – No doubt a lot of it is down to over-eating. But some people's metabolism is such that they will gain weight when someone eating the same about of food, and doing the same amount of exercise will not. it's easy to be judgmental if your one of the ones that doesn't.

You're fat, therefore lack self control – it's not that simple.

bighendo
    Free Member

it is simple….
    dont eat, you shrivel up and die
    eat too much, you get fat!

Jellybaby
    Free Member

Just watched supersize fatty vs super extra thin or whatever its called…

Its all about body image, fear of foods, obsession with excerising and sometimes punishing your body for Anorexics.

Really obese people love food but eat escessive amounts for differrent reasons (comfort, past surpressed bad experiences, big appetite).

Its all very psychological and both out of control.

igm

I suffer from gratuitous overeating.

If I didn't exercise as much as I do I'd be even heavier.

ton

all in the head then……….fat and thin??

Junkyard
    Free Member

no fat people really do weigh more and eat too much / more than they need.

genghispod
    Free Member

MY GOD. TJ and Ton agree on something. FFS I've seen it all now!

Jellybaby
    Free Member

Ton – Not for everyone but mainly with these 2 conditions.

I think alot of surpressed feelings lead to alot of disorders and habits within people not just relating to food disorders. Some problems are worse than others.

Also genetics play their part as do peoples education and general upbringing.

Jellybaby
    Free Member

By the way all this talk is making me hungry 😐

loulouk
    Free Member

*sigh* Oh dear.
    Anorexia is um, mostly I think, psychological. It's the utter inability to see the reality of what size you are, in relation to 'healthy'. Like, from talking to friends, there is no too thin. There just isn't. Some of it's competition, some of it's taking control back, some of it's punishment, some of it is obsession. Different for different people.
    Obesity. Most psychological, but there are other reasons. Go do some research on thyroid problems, insulin resistance and polycystic ovary syndrome. Between 1 in 5 to 1 in 10 women in thought to have polycycstic ovary syndrome.
    Fat does not always mean eating too much. Sometimes it means lack of education, lack of understanding of calories, ignorance of in=out, restrictions on mobility preventing exercise, fear of being laughed at stopping people exercising and sometimes, just sometimes, it's a result of an almighty mess up in the way a body functions. Thankfully, the NHS is a bit more clued up than some of you these days so it's getting sorted 😆 Most of my mates with PCOS seem to have taken a sudden interest in biking. Can't think why.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Go do some research on thyroid problems

Ton doesn't want to know anything about either anorexia or obesity, he just wants to be told that people with a "racing weight" are mentally ill. 😉

druidh
    Free Member

loulouk – Member

Fat does not always mean eating too much.

Sometimes it means lack of education, lack of understanding of calories, ignorance of in=out, restrictions on mobility preventing exercise, fear of being laughed at stopping people exercising and sometimes,

You can't see the contradiction in that statement?

loulouk
    Free Member

The eating too much is the symptom, not the cause? Expressed badly, my apologies. Also a follow up from my previous sentence. So should have been part of the last paragraph.
    I do mean that though. People who eat as opposed to just eating normally, you think they taste the food half the time? What I'm trying to say is, sometimes it's not the food, it's the act of eating. Anything would do, burgers are, unfortunately, a quick and easy fix.
    I smoke and used to eat too much chocolate and don't drink. Guess which one of those is the hardest to quit.

geoffj

iDave – Member

1/10

The way this one has kicked off, I'd say it was at least a 6/10

loulouk
    Free Member

The way this one has kicked off, I'd say it was at least a 6/10

This is supposed to be a joke? Whoops. Silly me, so gullible. 🙄

ton

no joke…just curious.
    but i find thin people more revolting than i do fat people.
    all those bones showing….
    this is much nicer……

loulouk
    Free Member

Funny. People with psychological problems are revolting. Our societies attitude to mental health, neatly wrapped in one sentence. I think I'll quote you on that elsewhere, it's beautifully put.

sweepy
    Free Member

If im correct obese people have a higher metabolic rate than thin folk, they have to work harder at everything they do.

nickc

but i find thin people more revolting than i do fat people.

WTF? I mean, really WTF is wrong with you?

You find people 'revolting'?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

nickc – he has serious issues with self image and self esteem – hence the constantly looking for approval on here and the continual buying of new bikes as well as the fact he is seriously obese.

*TJs pocket guide to psychological diagnosis – as accurate as anything on the net*

ton

jeremy…are you stalking me

nickc

I should stay away from these sorts of threads, they do my head in. Ignore me

cinnamon_girl

C_G's is "to like yourself". Made a huge difference to me.

sweepy
    Free Member

extremes on either side dont look good to me, and arent good health wise. Being fat kills way more people in this country

ton

nickc…..no mate, course i dont find people revolting.
    just a figure of speech. ignore me . 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Anorexia and Obesity’ is closed to new replies.