Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anorak bearing question: 6901RS Vs 6901-2RS
  • crotchrocket
    Free Member

other than the number of seals in this bearing does anyone know if there is any other (size/application) difference between these two items?

The 2 knackered items in my Trex EX ABP are marked 6901RS & I was thinking I might replace them with the 2 Rubber Seal (2RS) version instead of the original.

Cheers

uplink
    Free Member

That’ll be fine, they’re identical sizes

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey, how many seals do the bearings have? rs could simply mean rubber sealed. Some companies put rs rather than 2rs, if they are rubber sealed on both sides then they are 2rs or rubber sealed 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Andy-R

Identical apart from the seals – you’d use the RS version where you had provision for greasing in situ.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

kaesae> can’t tell as i decided not to extract them until the new ones arrived.
    I’m guessing they are sealed both sides? but they ‘could’ be open on the side covered by the inside of the housing.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey, I stipped and seviced my mates fuel ex8 and session 88 3 weeks ago, the brand of bearings are JNK and they are 2rs bearings.

You’ll see when the new ones arrive, How much did the bearings cost you and what manufacturer are they ❓

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anorak bearing question: 6901RS Vs 6901-2RS’ is closed to new replies.