Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anonymous vs KKK
  • SaxonRider

I am fascinated by these guys. I am sure there is a downside to their anarchic approach to justice, but every so often they do things that make me smile.

Like taking down the KKK. 8)

What is the mind of the massif?

soobalias
    Free Member

not sure if they have opened a can of worms or picked on an easy target.
    suspect it will look a lot like the second.

Northwind

I like that the reporter pronounced it Anomynous.

I like this one, it reminds of the old ****edcompany stormfront invasion.

RustySpanner

The anonymity afforded by the internet is a double edged sword.
    It gives a voice to those who might often be in danger of violent reprisal, but equally it allows the freedom to propagate unsubstantiated nonsense.

The KKK have a history of hiding their identity when expedient.
    It’s a hell of a shame that those who are opposing them feel the need to do the same.

Stand up and be counted, innit?

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m not massif, I’m just big boned.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Meh.

I preferered these guys. Nice one, Sabu. NOT.

whitey
    Free Member

They seem to be an enormous collective or whatever you would call them/it. Protesters in over 400 cities world wide on bonfire night for the million mask march.

RustySpanner

Easy to wear a mask.
    But if you’ve nothing to fear it’s just an affectation, a real life ‘like’ button.

whitey
    Free Member

Pantomime in protest. I quite like it. I don’t think they are any threat. Comic book art used to express anyone could be anonymous – its not about hiding.

RustySpanner

So why hide?

Dress up in funny clothes if you like
    Get your Alan Moore fanclub number tattooed on your forehead if it makes you feel better.

But be accountable.

If not, you’re just giving people a legitimate excuse to dismiss you out of hand.

whitey
    Free Member

I agree.

Northwind

Rusty Spanner – Member

But if you’ve nothing to fear it’s just an affectation

Quite a lot of what they do is illegal- some have ended up in jail

RustySpanner

If you live in a state where dissent is violently opposed, you have a legitimate grievance and you or your family are at risk, then yes, crack on, wear a mask.
    Do what you need to do.

If not, then the majority, no matter how much they agree, will dismiss you as a poseur.

The people who ruin legitimate protest in this country are the anonymous, violent minority who attach themselves to perfectly rational causes.

Anonymity leaves us open to infiltration by those we oppose.

There have been countless marches and demonstrations in this country where the first bottles and rocks were thrown by unidentifiable people who subsequently just melt away, leaving the unmasked to deal with the consequences.

Who were they?
    Who’s side were they on?
    Who incentivised them to act as they did?

No idea, they were anonymous.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Ever since watching the documentary ’88 seconds in Greensborough’ I’ve hated anything to do with the KKK.
    They’re disgusting cowards who have no place in any form in today’s world, so if anyone wants to unmask then, be my guest.
    Sorry, mini rant over.

Dave
    Free Member

Anonymity leaves us open to infiltration by those we oppose.

Not really.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2011/mar/26/mark-kennedy-undercover-cop-environmental-activist

Duffer
    Free Member

Whilst i like some of what Anonymous achieves, notably stripping away the percived immunity offered by the Internet – the KKK thing being a fantastic example – i’d feel much more comfortable about it if they were more of a definable organisation. Without a mission statement, hiarichy or any stated aims, their membership ends up dicking about with this sort of thing.

whitey
    Free Member

Yes, duffer. The fact that anyone can post ‘anonymous’ claims, certainly doesn’t help their causes. But they have had some fantastic acheivements.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anonymous vs KKK’ is closed to new replies.