Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Anoher Halfords PSA High 5 energy tabs £5.03 for 8 tubes!
  • njee20
    Free Member

WTF has that got to do with it?! I’d not ‘demand’ anything as you suggested. They’re not forcing you to have anything.

You got greedy and jumped on something which was likely to be an error anyway. Suck it up.

You still sound like an arse.

dougieb
    Free Member

Well, I have to say I’m some what p*ssed off with Halfords. I put an order in for 4 of the ‘boxes’ to pick up from my local store. If it was a pricing error then I’m absolutely fine with them cancelling the order – being honest I assumed it was just another deal along the lines of a 50p seat tube.

The problem is, they have taken the £21 from my account and the order is still be flagged as ‘in progress’. I’ve emailed customer services twice asking for an update but no response. As I said, if it is a pricing error then I wouldn’t expect the goods but I would expect a refund. In my opinion they haven’t handled this well .

motozulu
    Free Member

I’ve got the same situation with the gatorade gels.
    The order had been sent to store (ie dispatched) as it was a pick up in store, pay on line deal – the tracking said ‘ready for collection…when I got there the manager had sent them back due to it being a pricing error. The cancellation email said it was only legally binding if order dispatched!!

They can’t even get their own rules right. Utter shambles – i am still swapping emails with them over it.

And they want to be taken seriously? fat chance.

motozulu
    Free Member

njee20 – Member

They don’t have to sell you anything, demanding things makes you look a ****

This, every time. Particularly when it is so obviously a pricing error.

Well actually, yes they do. Their own T&C’s say if dispatched then the order is deemed accepted. Dispatching to store for collection is dispatching…no?

Or are you one of these that thinks complaining is Un-British?

So when you get shafted you meekly accept it but spend the next 5 years boring the **** out of everyone down the pub about it?

Just remind me…who sounds like an @rse here?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

halfords T+Cs (as cut and paste previously) and relevant legislation suggest once theyve taken payment the contract is made, error or not, which is precisely why you get confirmation emails first, giving the retailer the chance to spot errors before accepting/taking payment.

dougieb
    Free Member

I’m happy to accept it is an error and not remotely annoyed about them cancelling. However, it’s the fact that they have taken my cash, I’ve had no communication and getting it refunded is a bit of a fiasco. Errors happen but it how a company deals with it that makes the difference

njee20
    Free Member

So when you get shafted you meekly accept it but spend the next 5 years boring the **** out of everyone down the pub about it?

Just remind me…who sounds like an @rse here?

FFS, get over yourself! You’ve not been shafted, you just didn’t get the bargain you expected. If they charged you £100 and delivered one tube that would be a shafting.

It’s just greed!

motozulu
    Free Member

Nope – not greed at all, more about if you are willing to be pushed around or not.

Having made a 14 mile round trip to collect something that was ‘ready for collection’ only to be told it was sent back is being shafted. To be then sent an email telling you it’s not legally a deal until the order is dispatched, when it HAD been dispatched is not only being shafted but being pushed about too.

All depends if you are willing to accept that kind of behaviour or not.

I’m not, others are’nt either – to get called an @rse for sticking up for yourself was a bit crap, IMO.

Pierre

“dispatched” in ship-to-store orders with any company generally means “in your hands”. Or, in the case of mail order, “in the hands of the courier”. It doesn’t mean “dispatched from our main warehouse to another store”, however much foot-stomping would like it to. In legal terms, while it’s still in the company’s hands, regardless of which depot it’s been dispatched from or to, it doesn’t count as “dispatched to you”.

Just FYI.

motozulu
    Free Member

Okay thanks for that – interesting. I was under the impression that pay on line and collect at store was in effect dispatched and recognised as so when you got the ‘your order is ready for collection’ notice.
    Galling as I had made the journey to find it had been returned to warehouse.
    I’ll soon find out as I am in dialogue with them and it has been escalated further up the ‘chain of command’.
    I’m really not bothered about the goods anymore, more about the arbitrary and poor treatment they seem to reserve for ‘valued’ customers.
    Their reputation so far is well earned.

pymwymis
    Free Member

The advertised price is just “invitation to treat” you offer to pay them the advertised price but they are under no obligation to accept it. Basic contract law.

Annoying if you have travelled miles and a pleasant discussion might get you somewhere but the actual legal situation is as above.

I’m not a lawyer by the way but that is pretty much contract lesson 1 in most business courses.

motozulu
    Free Member

Had the pleasant discussion but they had already sent them back.
    This is what sticks out for me-from my cancellation email from them.

The Order shall only be deemed accepted by Halfords when you have paid for the goods, monies received by Halfords and the goods have been dispatched.

Anyway – we’ll see. Seems quite open to interpretation.

stevenieve
    Free Member

I had the order cancelled email followed by a phone call to say my item was in stock.
    Landed round at my local Halfords to collect my one tube. Haven’t been billed for it either.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hahaha these sorts of thread make me laugh

a load of people go a buying spree on a clear error on the website, order a load saving £££’s over the usual price

then PSA it on a forum, a load more people order, the shop then realises the error and obviously doesnt fulfil the orders

said greedy customers troop off down to halfords to be told its an error, and then go onto moan on the internet about being ripped off or wasting their petrol money getting to the store 😆

if you got them, then you got lucky, if you didnt get them, then you got what you deserve and i hope they hold onto you money for as long as possible

dougieb
    Free Member

if you got them, then you got lucky, if you didnt get them, then you got what you deserve and i hope they hold onto you money for as long as possible

Stop being a knob. A load of people purchased the 50p seat posts / bars that were on offer. It would have been easy to think that they were a pricing error – they weren’t.

I don’t expect or would want Halfords to honour the price if it was a pricing error. However, they identified this as a pricing issue immediately and it’s taken two weeks to get a refund and that was only because I chased for a refund (didn’t expect them send the goods just provide a refund). Any company with a decent order system would have been able to refund those orders within hours / days. Halfords have not handled this well.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Still No tabs or refund.

Have been there twice and phoned them 3 times,each time they said they would phone back…No they havent.

I have Tuesday off so hope the manager is there.. 😀

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The advertised price is just “invitation to treat” you offer to pay them the advertised price but they are under no obligation to accept it. Basic contract law.

correct, and the point many disgruntled posters are making is Halfords have taken their payment, therefore accepting their offer and forming a contract.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Emailed Halfords.

They have emailed back,have refunded.

Seems that my local shop have no idea what was happening,never phoning back and telling me lots of wrong information.

And that will be the last time i ever use them.

Worst customer service ever.

If the Offer was wrong,they should have emailed and cancelled my order within a few days maximum and not 3 weeks later when i complain

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Anoher Halfords PSA High 5 energy tabs £5.03 for 8 tubes!’ is closed to new replies.