Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Annual hate Christmas thread.
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

I can assume I’m not the only one to absolutely loathe and detest this time of year.

Over indulgence, cold, wet and grey, over zealous marketing, forced celebration, tacky lights and decor. Just awful. Sooner it’s all over the better.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Amen, bro!

alex222
    Free Member

you sir need to get out more.

PS. I am not bothered either way.

jon1973
    Free Member

Chirstmas is what you make of it. For me it’s another excuse to get together with friends and family.

alex222
    Free Member

Chirstmas is what you make of it.

For me that’s a three week holiday in NZ; seeing old friends

Ha

cynic-al
    Free Member

Helps to enjoy the good stuff and try not to let the crap get you down – much like the rest of life.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

My Christmas will simply involve a few days of mountain biking, whilst the trails are relatively empty. I’ll be blissfully unaware of anything Christmas.

Stoner
    Free Member

Anyone else notice how Christmas hating seems to get earlier each year? You know when it’s time to hate christmas because Mince Pies replace Easter Eggs in the supermarket. 🙂

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It’s never too early for a chr*stm*s hate…

patriotpro
    Free Member

Bah F**kin ‘umbug!

sweepy
    Free Member

Id normally wait a month or so yet, but since you brought it up

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VEEr42D1aI[/video]

yay xmas 🙂

AlexSimon

It’s not that bad is you avoid TV and town centre for a couple of months.
    (which I do most of the time anyway)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I don’t understand this “christmas” to which you all refer.

Do you mean “Winterval” by any chance?

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

I love Christmas, as in the actual day. Time spent with rarely seen extended family, good food and too much beer. All fun and games.

However, I utterly hate the build-up to it and the marketing and general go-out-and-buy-everything attitude surrounding it. Seems to me that most people think of Christmas more in terms of gifts than anything else.

djglover
    Free Member

I have 4 year old twin girls and we are already totally buzzing about xmas. cant wait to cover the house in tacky **** and spend a small fortune on plastic pink guff

Bring it on!

robowns
    Free Member

I dont understand how over indulgance is a bad thing?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Not really a fan. It could be awesome, but the annoying aspects always seem to far outweigh the good bits for me. Lately I seem to be having other people’s Christmases the way they like it, cr@p and all, rather than my own with the stuff I like.

RustySpanner

Miserable people are miserable at Christmas 😀

It’s not a nice time for those genuinely alone and fed up – if that’s you, you’re welcome round at ours for a mince pie and some mulled wine.
    You might even get a cracker.

But for the rest of you joy sucking, sour faced misanthropes, have a song:
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cxqQtUQErhQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DcxqQtUQErhQ&gl=GB[/video]

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I like the holiday – time to do some stuff like camping and hiking but long dark evenings to chill-out.
    I like the decorations
    I like pre-Xmas meal out with mates
    I like Xmas dinner with family.
    I’m not fussed about the rest of it.

CaptJon
    Free Member

patriotpro – Member
    Bah F**kin ‘umbug!

+1

alfabus
    Free Member

I’m fine with Christmas. It is a nice time to eat loads and see friends and family.

However. It is currently November. Christmas is at the END OF DECEMBER!

McHamish
    Free Member

I like Christmas…

It must suck to hate it…making yourself to be miserable for 6-8 weeks + of the year, may as well enjoy it and give your blood pressure a break!

Do you hate puppies and kittens too?

alex222
    Free Member

I enjoy the drinking, I enjoy the meeting up with friends / family. I enjoy eating until it hurts but I don’t love the commercial aspect.

I also love how I’m going to be in the Antipodes this Christmas.

Did I mention that at all?

40mpg

The Christmas Omnishambles started last night in our house, with a text from a relative complaining that they’d been dumped with all the oldies this year. Well we had them last year while you swanned off round the parties so tuff!

So my missus is in a bad mood, I’m pressured as its ther turn to do my side of the family, but can we fit in a visit to the other side to keep them happy too? So as usual I’ll spend the whole season running round other people trying to keep everyomne happy.

Never mind, my christmas starts on the 28th with another visist to the Quantocks, and the Love Shack 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=su9cL1Z3BLU[/video]

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Do you hate puppies and kittens too?

Not dead ones.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Compare and contrast Chr*stm*s with Eide and Diwali. Do the two latter religious festivals create a torrent of **** awful music, TV, films, and associated tat? No, they get on with it quietly!

winston
    Free Member

can’t wait – love xmas, especially with two small children

However its only 3 or 4 days, not two months – not having a telly makes this possible.

jon1973
    Free Member

Compare and contrast Chr*stm*s with Eide and Diwali. Do the two latter religious festivals create a torrent of **** awful music, TV, films, and associated tat? No, they get on with it quietly!

Yes, but obviously the number of people celebrating those festivals in the UK are somewhat lower than those that celebrate Christmas, so they’re bound to have a much lower profile.

cinnamon_girl

Funny how the anti-Xmas folk get shouted down on the other Xmas thread but the pro-Xmas ones gatecrash this thread to spout their drivel. 🙄

marcus7
    Free Member

Yay, christmas! i love it and am really looking forward to it with the kids!. This thread really needs TJ though to be a proper downer on the whole thing but do try your best to live up to his dislike of it all. Me? well i’ve two small kids for which the whole thing still holds the “magic” as it were so i’m no going to stop that under any circumstances, also we do all the visiting that day so dont have the hassle of visitors! AND i get a couple of hours for a ride pre dinner. Yep definitly love christmas….

kudos100
    Free Member

I loathe the build up to Christmas. The actual day is good fun.

Take out the materialism and excess and see it for what it is, a holiday where you have the chance to catch up with friends and family and eat nice food.

flip
    Free Member

Miserable people are miserable at Christmas

Detest it myself despite having a 10yr old son whos got a new bike that i’ve just fetched.

I am very happy all year round, and buy people presents at any time of year.

I don’t need a fake, tacky, vile ‘celebration’ to do it.

Breathe..

johndoh
    Free Member

For me that’s a three week holiday in NZ; seeing old friends

For me, LA 🙂

And an early Chrsitmas with my brothers at my house too.

I love Christmas 🙂

ohnohesback
    Free Member

After the Jimmy Saville revelations I’d have thought that a single old man, entering a child’s bedroom at night, via a chimney would be asking for trouble…

robowns
    Free Member

If people are so wound up by the ‘marketing drivel’ why not try ignoring it? Quite easy surely?

cinnamon_girl

Can the folk who adore the Xmas shite clear off to the other thread!

Leave this one for us antis to share our words of wisdom.

The lady’s not for turning

TerryWrist
    Free Member

Can the folk who adore the Xmas shite clear off to the other thread!

Leave this one for us antis to share our words of wisdom.

I don’t think you’re in charge of STW. Have a mince pie and chillax

😉

dabble
    Free Member

Glad tidings we bring, to all mountain biking, we wish you a merry christmas and a crappy new year.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Gunz
    Free Member

Easy steps to enjoy Christmas;

1. Ignore TV
    2. Internet purchase all presents pre-wrapped, avoiding the town scrum.
    3. Dress up as Santa on Christmas Eve and walk passed the front of the house so the kids catch a glimpse just before going to bed (I swear when they stop believing I will shed a tear)
    4. Start the actual day with a pint at the local and then slowly slip into inebriation whilst playing with cool toys and chatting to loved ones.
    5. Ignore TV.

Total time commitment approximately 26.5 hours, what’s not to like?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Annual hate Christmas thread.’ is closed to new replies.