Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • annoying things at my local trail centre #2
  • kenniboi
    Free Member

things I’ve learnt today
    1…. think Before posting
    2…..everything you post will be taken and used against you
    3…..don’t expect a post to be ignored. I didn’t even expect 1reply let alone a massive slating from a community that I’ve bee a part of for a bit more than a few years
    The dads that were standing on the trail were in the way and I feel lucky I missed them all. The reaction of being called an arse hole got me annoyed. They were in the middle of the trail and the video that was posted stops at where they were standing I must point out that I was in fact on the berms and not the stravaasshole trail as someone put it!!

The people I actually gave directions to were so lost it really made me laugh.
    I help them and told them the best way back.
    Oh and it was 1 man
    1 girl
    With 1 bike
    I don’t know why one was riding and one walking?? That must have been fun !!
    I’m guilty of not posting more information on the O. P.
    My Mistake

but come on really would you stand in the middle of the motor way and expect not to get hit by a car ??

No neither would I
    So why stand there Bit stupid if you ask me
    Sod riding there on a Sunday
    I’ll go elsewhere

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😉

simondbarnes

Cup of tea anyone?

kenniboi
    Free Member

Here Endeth his post

Rorschach
    Free Member

doncorleoni
    Free Member

4) you seem to be a little bit of a dick.

Here endeth the thread

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnWgGrgDjA8[/video]

matt_outandabout

See you all out riding a bike someday.

kenniboi
    Free Member

4) you seem to be a little bit of a dick.

Here endeth the thread

Careful I might react @ doncorleoni

sr0093193
    Free Member

They were in the middle of the trail and the video that was posted stops at where they were standing

Wait they were stood on the track that you can see for like 15 seconds and you just barely missed them? I’d take up golf if I were you.

kenniboi
    Free Member

I had about half a second to react
    The video was not filmed by me on the day

dannyh
    Free Member

dannyh
    Free Member

jimdubleyou

dannyh
    Free Member

Admirable tenacity, though….

tomhoward

U OK Hun?

robz400
    Free Member

We all act a little too far up the shaft of the dickheadishness meter from time to time.

The important thing, when the world is screaming at you is to take note, learn and most importantly shut the f..k up about it

🙂

spooky_b329

let alone a massive slating from a community that I’ve bee a part of for a bit more than a few years

The mtb community generally? You’ve only been here two weeks, treat this as your initiation 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

doncorleoni
    Free Member

OP… Just heading out for a ride round swinley (I have been riding there longer than you BTW and it’s my local). Will keep an eye out for the eastern Europeans 🙂 and ensure the trails are clear (I usually use the war cry “strava saussage coming through” when I am shredding the gnaaaarrrrrrrrr).

Welcome to stw

kenniboi
    Free Member

^
    Your so funny watch out for those camping on trails

doncorleoni
    Free Member

All good bantz (I think that’s the term)

What bike you got mate…what sort of riding do you usually do?

I do actually agree with your frustration regarding swinley but I just don’t ride the yellow brick road (and marked trails) at weekends. There is so much more to explore.

Right time to ride.

Marko

Well some good has come out of this thread . . .How chuffing brilliant was Road Runner. Thanks Danny

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Your so funny watch out for those camping on trails

Will do, but TBH you really can see that crossing from miles away, that’s the whole point of the trail running parallel to the road and the berms to scrub the last of the speed before crossing! There’s always people hanging around there.

Also lent my fatbike to an Eastern European bloke at Swinley, he got lost on it too, must be a cultural thing!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘annoying things at my local trail centre #2’ is closed to new replies.