Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Annoying house alarms
  • Flaperon

House across the road from us has an alarm that seems to be triggered whenever a butterfly twitches its wings in the Pacific. Once it's gone off, it doesn't stop for hours and hours until the owners get home.

It's driving me up the wall. Any ideas who the best people to call about it might be?

Pook

sobriety
    Free Member

Ask your neighbours if they can get it fixed/turned down? If they refuse you can probably get the council involved, or you could just fill it with expanding foam next tiime it goes off and they're out 😈

pedalhead
    Free Member

Contact the council, there are regulations about stuff like noise pollution. I know coz I got a letter from the council a few years back, prompted by a neighbour's complaint, when my house alarm went off for an entire weekend!

meehaja
    Free Member

There's an annoying beep coming from somewhere, probably next door. Like a truck reversing, but going on for three hours and not regular. driving me insane!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

There's an annoying beep coming from somewhere, probably next door. Like a truck reversing, but going on for three hours and not regular. driving me insane!

Probably an answerphone message or a smoke alarm going flat!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

One of the offices had an alarm box in the common stair that went off – no one came to sort it – I put ear defenders on and dismantled it ( carefully) to remove the siren – very simply.

Left them a pile of parts and told them if they didn't remove it themselves I would with an axe. Its now a silent alarm

zaskar
    Free Member

I thought there was some law of how long the main siren can go off for.

Cheap rubbish alarms will go off as heat changesbut quailty PIRs will double check for movement. Also Batteries going down will trigger the dam thing.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

sobriety – Member
    Ask your neighbours if they can get it fixed/turned down? If they refuse you can probably get the council involved, or you could just fill it with expanding foam next tiime it goes off and they're out

Put a brick through a window, then they've got reason to expect an alarm to go off. Seriously though as per Sobriety's advice.

oldgit
    Free Member

Annoying isn't it, it should be treated more seriously. I mean it's an intruder alarm and when it goes off it should mean there is an intruder inside.
    Ring the police and say number whatever is being burgled as their alarm is going off.

qwerty
    Free Member

thought there was some law of how long the main siren can go off for.

iirc its 8 mins, contact noise pollution (after speaking to neighbour first to see if their aware and willing to do something about it)

Tinners

I put ear defenders on and dismantled it ( carefully) to remove the siren

PMSL. Don't ask me why, but the mental image of that makes me laugh out loud. Touched a funny bone with that. LOL.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Annoying house alarms’ is closed to new replies.