Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Annoying Currys ads…
  • Flaperon

I wonder if Currys ever consider how many sales they lose by quoting prices as “two-seven-nine” instead of reading them properly? I appreciate it takes an extra second, but it’s SO BLOODY ANNOYING. Is it me?

tinribz
    Free Member

Is it me?

Yes, what are you talking about?

jon1973
    Free Member

2-7-9 ??? that’s a bargin.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    donsimon
    Free Member

Too many Americanisms! 👿

lowey

The only advert that really gets on my tits is the Disneyland one.

You know… ‘how will you tell them’.. followed by loads of shots of kids screaming with delight.

What an offensive crock of shit.. the subtly hidden message being if you dont take them your a shit parent. ****.

plop_pants
    Free Member

The MacDonalds whistle. I’m hating it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The Halifax “choral” ad. Grrr.

highclimber
    Free Member

ever considered writing into the Daily Mail to vent your anger?

Pook

There’s one kid on that disneyland advert that really winds me up.

I’ll let you guess which.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Dear Daily Mail,

I hereby wish to complain about highclimber being such a fleckin’ smartarse.

Thanks & Regards,

Mr Darcy.
    Rather Angry in Brizzle.

🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

you guys watch adverts? Looooooosssserrrrrrrs! L

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You’re all sooooo moneysupermarket!

dogbert
    Free Member

There’s one kid on that disneyland advert that really winds me up.

I’ll let you guess which

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8DLyA315mU[/video]
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-T-Sc2cTZs&feature=related[/video]

the one that squeals like she’s trying to break glass? personally I hate them all and their smug parents

Pook

that little fecker at the bottom.

john_drummer
    Free Member

The Halifax “choral” ad. Grrr.

IMO it’s a vast improvement on their “radio station” ads

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Halifax couldn’t do any worse than their Radio Station ads, especially the one with the **** and his car keys.

cheez0
    Free Member

**** homebase whistling **** advert..

Lloyds tsb animated shite adverts..

Those 118 **** on every ad break…

its not that they get watched, its that they are on every bloody 5mins, eating at your brain.

I would cheerfully pay to watch an independant tv channel (i.e, not bbc) if it was ad free

I have to turn the sound off during ad breaks

donsimon
    Free Member

A couple of minutes of ads every 15-20 mins. You don’t know you’re born.
    Try 5 mins of ads before the starting credits have finished, or just before the last line is delivered in a film.
    Try 15 mins of ads!! 😯
    There were times during a film that I could nip out to the shops during the ad break…
    Don’t know you’re born…

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Sky + (or other HD based recorders) are your new friends – I haven’t watched an advert for years!

CaptJon
    Free Member

Is it the PC world ad where they build a computer show room in some actress’ front room because the computer she uses to browse QVC and play Farmville can’t cope with Battlefield 3?

joao3v16
    Free Member

I’m convinced advertisers believe us all to be stupid gullible people with the attention span of a goldfish.

TV ad’s should be the same as those in printed media: a photo of a product with a few written words about it.

I don’t need some specially commissioned pretentious 30-second mini-dramatisation with ‘celebrity’ voice-overs trying to sell me a lifestyle image.

If I’m interested enough after seeing it I’ll go and find out more about it when I’m good and ready. If I like it maybe I’ll buy one.

Your product isn’t really that big a deal.

In 6 weeks time it’s very likely someone else will be selling something better.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m convinced advertisers believe us all to be stupid gullible people with the attention span of a goldfish.

No, they know we hate the ads and are cynical about them. They (often) don’t want us to think ‘ooh what a lovely product’ they just want us to remember the name.

Advertisers are a lot cleverer than we give them credit for, and are a fair few steps ahead of the majority of the public. Remember they are not trying to get YOU to buy the product, they are trying to get PEOPLE to buy it.

grum
    Free Member

I wonder if Currys ever consider how many sales they lose by quoting prices as “two-seven-nine” instead of reading them properly? I appreciate it takes an extra second, but it’s SO BLOODY ANNOYING. Is it me?

My GF gets excessively annoyed by film trailers that state the release date as ‘May 12’ rather than ‘the 12th of May’ or even ‘May 12th’. Even to the extent of boycotting films that do it on the trailer. 😯

wwaswas

far from irritating wal-mart advert;

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39ezYQCVwC4[/video]

grum
    Free Member

While we’re on the topic, how horrid is this Haribo advert?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrGJ0vO_NXs[/video]

Almost enough to put me off Tangfastics on bike rides 🙂

joao3v16
    Free Member

If only ad’s were more imaginative and interesting.

Take car ad’s for example.

1. Exterior shot of a car driving along, showing us that it has groundbreaking new features such as wheels, doors, windows, lights and other stuff that every car on the planet has therefore immediately making it completely average. Oh, and look, it can be driven on a road AND a dusty track.

2. Shot of driver grinning like an idiot and their equally ecstatic passenger looking like she’s having a Lady Chatterly moment just by sitting in the car. Maybe even some deliriously happy kids in the back acting like it’s better than Disneyland in there, despite having to stare at the back of a seat for hours.

3. Interior shot showing us that the car has got something to steer with, chairs to sit on, stuff to make it hot or cold and a talking map so stupid people can drive home from work (a route they travel every single day of the week all year round) without getting lost. Maybe there is a tiny chance they might suddenly forget where they live.

camo16
    Free Member

I’ll see your Currys ads and raise you a Direct Line…

What’s that bemused looking **** doing hawking product to Alexander Armstrong and that irritating woman, when it’s obvious that they can’t be ars*d and are just having a laugh?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I use ad breaks as p*ss breaks, and if I don’t want to wee I look away from the TV and use the mute button.

camo16
    Free Member

I use ad breaks as p*ss breaks, and if I don’t want to wee I look away from the TV and use the mute button.

From this I deduce three possible explanations:

1. You drink a lot of coffee
    2. Your toilet is situated a long way from your TV seat
    3. You often miss your show restarting and cuss your mute button

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Annoying Currys ads…’ is closed to new replies.