Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Annoyed by your relatives or in laws? – Vent your festive frustration here.
  • yunki
    Free Member

Has anyone read Irvine Welsh’s collection of short stories Reheated Cabbage…?

It contains a lovely little story about the Begbie family Christmas..

I recommend that everyone has a read of that to get some perspective before next year.. 8)

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I have this fantasy every year of a perfect family Xmas interspersed with great rides. The reality is , we have to have two christmases because our families live on opposite sides of the country, then new year. So it’s a full ten days of it. After 3 days I go a bit jack nicholson in the shining. The Mrs also has a thing about me falling asleep during day.

Had a great Xmas day, really lovely, but enough now thank u.

globalti
    Free Member

We have my MIL for three weeks. She’s obese, always ill, takes dozens of tablets, witters incessantly about supermarket coupons, promotions, Coronation Street and East Enders and, sorry to say this…. she smells terrible because she’s incontinent and is scared to take baths or showers.

But she is harmless and would never deliberately hurt anybody, unlike my own mother who is venemous and who Mrs Gti absolutely detests. The last time we met her she managed to get alone with Gti junior aged 11 and asked him: “What would you do if your Mum and Dad split up?”

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    drofluf
    Free Member

The Inlaws’ll be gone in 2 hours 🙂

Then no more bullying of my wife behind my back, my mother in law’s sense of ‘humour’ (she cackled for 5 minutes when I said Sainsbury’s were out of milk – WTF?)

drofluf
    Free Member

Oh and refusing to share the crisps with your grandson

Less than an hour to go…

HansRey

my girlfriend’s family are all Finnish, so they’ve never heard of the dailymail. We spent the days visiting various family members, many of whom are elderly, funny and not at all xenophobic or racist. They’re absoultely lovely. It didn’t quite feel like a christmas break for me (so extremely busy) but it was good fun.

Previous girlfriend’s father was a preacher. He’d nag my girlfriend that i should come carol singing, to church, that i shouldn’t go to her sister’s wedding because i’m not christian and that I don’t earn enough money. Other than that, he was a really nice man. With her grandad, i had to pretend to be a good christian farmer boy to keep him happy. The rest of the family were great.

I’m happy that with my current girlfriend and her family, i don’t have to pretend to be someone else.

Jamie
    Free Member

(she cackled for 5 minutes when I said Sainsbury’s were out of milk – WTF?)

Works at Tesco?

kateob
    Free Member

Can someone please tell me if they think this is normal. My mother in law (my husband’s mother) bought a present for my husband’s ex-wife, then asked him if he was going to see her and if so could he deliver it for her. I could cheerfully strangle the old bat.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I loathe my in-laws. In fact I loathe my wifes entire family, every single one of them.

I wouldn’t know where to begin with my vitriol plus it would probably upset people. I really do hate them.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I hear they really like you 😉

fervouredimage
    Free Member

You’re being lied too. 😉

If you are a human being with a modicum of basic human decency, you would hate them too.

singletrackmind

My Bro put on a DVD Eulogy on Boxing day he made for a mate , I had to leave the room. There is a time and a place for that kind of thing .
    My Mum always , without fail gives me a cold or flu for Christmas . Every year she rocks up with a torrent of snot flying around ” I think Im past the infectious stage” , yep ,I think not .
    Then she had a go at me for drinking too much , OK 4 pints is a fair bit , but spaced out over 6 hours it isnt .
    Woke up today with a sore throat and swollen Tonsils , Thanks Mum!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Fed up of a relatives wife and detest having to be civil with her. She cheats, lies and steals and has playing the victim down to an artform. I fell for her sob stories a few years back and sold her some items they needed cheaply, I discovered recently she deliberately broke them all a few days after I dropped them off and claimed off her new for old insurance policy. For years I felt sorry for them thinking it was one lot of bad luck after the next not knowing she lying the whole time. She’s obese and claims she’s overweight as eating healthy is too expensive (that old story) despite ordering take away most nights, she leaves they empty dominos boxes and chineese trays in the garden for all to see. She has nabbed an antique from my Gran who passed away recently that was intended for me, and I’m having trouble getting it back, it’s the sentimental value I’m interested in, were as she is interested in it as it’s worth a bit if money, I just pray she doesn’t sell it. My sister asked how on their income they can afford big TV’s, apple laptops, new furniture and holidays twice a year when she can’t despite earning more money. The simple answer is they can’t and don’t have their priorities in order, after asking me again for money (while she is wearing a new coat) as they can’t pay a heating bill of get credit ratings high enough for new mobiles. I told them no and now I’m the bad guy. Just had to sit for dinner with her and listen to how hard up she is while she plays for money off my mum and dad. They said no and now they are the bad guys too. My girlfriend is from a very wealthy family but I don’t touch her money, live off it or ask for it (well I did borrow a car off her mum for 6 months while I saved for a new one) I’d be with her and love her the same if she had no money, despite this my relatives wife was telling me she was thinking of writing to my
    girlfriends mum (who she has met once) asking for ‘enough to bail her out’…

Bitching over. Feel better.

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Annoyed by your relatives or in laws? – Vent your festive frustration here.’ is closed to new replies.