Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Annie – Chewing Gum. How can a grown man enjoy this crap?
  • Pook

In our office, we put music on from our own collections. My last playlist featured a lot of Seasick Steve for example.

Currently, I'm being subjected to the excruciatingly awful Annie – Chewing Gum, being played by our 30 year old male graphic designer.

It's making me want to throw his macbook pro out the window. Surely no sane person can enjoy this bilge?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

everybody else's music taste is inexplicable. Get over it.

the-muffin-man

Funny – I feel the same about Seasick Steve!

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

He possibly feels that some Judy Garland might be a bit OTT for the office? Is he involved in performing in musicals or somesuch, and is using worktime to help revise lyrics & tunes?

Pook

mr barnes. One can only assume you've never heard the song in question.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

There's nowt as queer as folk!

DezB
    Free Member

Give me Annie over Seafake Steve any day!

Pook

😐

chakaping
    Free Member

Chewing Gum is an amazing song and Annie is a pop genius. And I'm a 36-year-old heterosexual male, for the record.

The Greatest Hit is even better.

I bet everyone rolls their eyes when Seasick Steve comes on in your office, btw.

Pook

😕

yossarian
    Free Member

yeah, turn your shit off Pook, we all hate it 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So Annie isn't the musical then?

Pook – I like Seasick Steve.

chakaping
    Free Member

Why don't you do a little dance to it, you might have fun!

Pook

Why don't you do a little dance to it, you might have fun!

Can't. I don't have the moves of an 8 year old girl

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Just looked these up on youtube; Chewing Gum are sh1te.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Give me Annie over Seafake Steve any day!

I'm astounded. DezB I've always liked your musical recommendations. I'll have to tread carefully now 😉

user-removed
    Free Member

+1 tiger. I quite like a bit of seasick too, in smallish doses.

DezB
    Free Member

I don't have the moves of an 8 year old girl

😆

Just looked these up on youtube; Chewing Gum are sh1te.

Me too. I thought it was singular though. Not as good as Greatest Hit, but still preferable over the other thing.

konabunny
    Free Member

You either get that Chewing Gum is an homage to 80s bubblegum pop (the clue is in the title, guys!) and appreciate it as a good 3 minute pop song with a throwaway metaphor and a Scandi blonde wiggling her arse in the video…or you're a po-faced 6Music-listening Mojo-reading IT spod. :mrgreen:

(But yeah, listening to any one person's music in the office is always going to end in disaster).

Pook

I 'get' that. It's still feels like I'm ramming a sugar coated rusty nail into my ear drum.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

One can only assume you've never heard the song in question

of course, but then probably everything you want to listen to is awful (to me) too 🙂

Pook

it's a slight difference from hating 1 song, to hating an entire music collection….

ourkidsam
    Free Member

So we're talking

rather than

The former understandable if distasteful. The latter just weird

Gary_M
    Free Member

Other people liking different things shocker. Get over yourself Seasick Steve fanboy.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

You either get that Chewing Gum is an homage to 80s bubblegum pop (the clue is in the title, guys!) and appreciate it as a good 3 minute pop song with a throwaway metaphor and a Scandi blonde wiggling her arse in the video…or you're a po-faced 6Music-listening Mojo-reading IT spod

A good 3 minute pop song? Just who is this song aimed at anyway?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it's a slight difference from hating 1 song, to hating an entire music collection….

I hate everybody else's music collection. In fact I'm not too keen on my own – tastes change 🙁

I did enjoy Ellie Goulding singing Guns and Horses live on 4 Music last night…

eth3er
    Free Member

**** subjectivity; that is awful.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Annie Chewing Gum = pure bubble gum pop!

the only thing I don't quite get is how many of them there are. Are they, ahem, sextuplets or something? 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

hmm, having watched it I have to admit it's quite bad, but I still prefer it to thrash metal 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

i can't get the **** tune out of my head now!

CountZero

or you're a po-faced 6Music-listening Mojo-reading IT spod.

I think you'll find 6Music listeners are much more likely to read The Word, much more diverse range of music. I don't actually know the song in question, I'll check it out later, but it can't be any worse than the relentless procession of identikit dance-pop on Radio 1 which use a bloody vocoder on the voice. Practically every damned song! I'm sure Annie will be a breath of fresh air by comparison.

john_drummer
    Free Member

forget radio 1 and listen to some unsigned stuff – e.g. http://www.amazingradio.co.uk or http://www.leedsindieradio.net – some great stuff out there. Including my band 😉

back to Annie – harmless enough, not much to it kind of pop music fluff. nothing to get upset about

Pook

Put it on, every single day. EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Music in the office?

What if someone needs to work?

alexxx
    Free Member

my old job in the office a few years ago people played happy hardcore, feel blessed

finbar
    Free Member

I read this thread in the office earlier, hadn't heard the song but i was intrigued. It's awful! Sounds like it's from some second-rate ITV kids programme.

Gaga, Kesha, Ultrabeat – all good pop artists. This is just trash.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I just had a listen – I quite like it

Jamesy
    Free Member

seasick ste what uttercrap same as that Annie chewing gum rubbish there's just no accounting for taste

john_drummer
    Free Member

I heard a rock cover of one of Gaga's songs on Leeds Indie Radio by a band called Melvin (or maybe The Melvins)last night. It was actually quite good. Can't remember which song though, might have been Paparazzi

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Annie – Chewing Gum. How can a grown man enjoy this crap?’ is closed to new replies.