Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Annecy/Alps. Drives
  • wait4me

Got a week near Lake Annecy coming up. Very excited as it’s first time in the Alps since childhood. Got the riding side of things pretty well sussed, but i am after suggestions for some epic ‘Top Gear’-esque style drives to give the car a bit of a blast. I’ve no idea of the region at all so any help greatly appreciated.

luffy105
    Free Member

At this time of the year the ski resort roads are quiet but there can be some snow about. If you fancy a longer drive the road up to Val Thorens from moutiers was always a favourite of mine. There are some around annecy but tend to be busier.

rewski
    Free Member

I recall the drive up to tignes being nice, long time ago though. I don’t suppose you skate or long board? There’s a great tarmac’d old railway line in annecy, good safe riding for kids too. The local perch dish is delicious too.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opyx2bUDo9Q[/video]

cr500dom
    Free Member

Col du Petite St Bernard, between La thuille and La Rossiere (On the way to Tignes and turn left) is pretty epic, or the Col de Iseran from Val D’Isere, Anywhere into the NAtional PArk around Tignes / Val D’Isere is worth a drive.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Col de Iseran from Val D’Isere

+1 Did it on a motorbike a few years ago, manic.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Get a french map and follow any of the scenic routes marked. You can’t really go too far wrong. There may aready be some snow about in places though.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Col de Iseran from Val D’Isere

+1 Did it on a motorbike a few years ago, manic.

We rode down through France, into Switzerland, did a few passes there (Which were great) did Stelvio pass the next morning, then a few more locally.
    Stopped on Lake Como for the night, then across to france via Petite St Bernard, col De iseran, and then up to tignes for the night. Then Tignes back home (880Miles) in a day

We did just over 2000 miles in 5 days, proper creditcard touring too.
    Nothing booked, 2 blokes, Blade and a ZX12R, 10 litre tailpack and off

Awesome trip, but the Blade did require a full set of consumables by the time I got home :mrgreen:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Annecy/Alps. Drives’ is closed to new replies.