Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ankle support suggestions.
  • kirkg
    Free Member

Hi all

Broke my ankle a few months ago and am no hoping that il be able to get back onto the bike soon but wouldn’t mind a little bit extra support until I’m confident it’s properly healed so looking for a recommendation for a suitable ankle support.

Cheers

Kirk.

lungman

Hi Kirk

After I broke my ankle I used an aircast A90 ankle brace. Just about fitted with a 5-10 shoe and gave lots of confidence to start dh again. Did wear quickly though but lasted long enough. Best of luck and do the rehab exercises

andyfla
    Free Member

A friend got hold of his cast cut it in 2 long ways and then fibreglassed both sides and did it up with the worlds largest Jubilee clip – worked wonderfully for paragliding

Not much help for you but it was awesome – the orthopaedic consultant was very impressed

kirkg
    Free Member

Cheers lungman, I use 510s so that good to know although I won’t be clipping in for a while so will need to keep that in mind when shopping for new flat shoes.

That does sound pretty impressive andyfla

chickenman

You get a huge amount of support from a 1″ wide strip of gymnastic tape (from climbing shops)stuck to your leg from above your ankle bone, over this and down into the instep.

daftvader
    Free Member

If it’s really bad try one from bioskin. I used this one after what I thought was a Really bad sprain and it held it solid for an off road triathlon. Found out a few months later that I had actually broken my ankle, not sprained it…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ankle support suggestions.’ is closed to new replies.