• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Angular Cheilitis… food intolerance, lack of vitamins or something else?
  • dooge
    Free Member

Hey all,

Since living out on my own I have had the above condition on and off (almost a year) and despite going back to the docs three times and having two types of steroid cream nothing seems to help.

I have always had exczema but never on my face. It extends to my lips where they get cracked and look like I have spent 2 weeks in the artic! Since moving out my diet has changed; I have cut out normal milk, yoghurt and cheese and gone to goats milk, more for digestive reasons but also to see if it improves my exczema and my skin is better than ever. I eat reasonably sensibly, 2-3 fruit and veg a day and take multi vitamins. Health wise I feel great.

Nothing seems to relieve the damaged skin. Steroid creams seem to make the skin flakier and redder without clearing it up, I have tried several non prescription moisturising creams (like Epiderm) and over the counter stuff that is recommended but again, it doesnt really help. I am now at a point where I am starting to consider cuttings things out of my diet: wheat, gluten, pasta, rice, etc in a systematic approach however the amount I eat these foodstuffs has not really changed from before.

Lack of vitamins? Intolerance to something? Another reason?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Angular Cheilitis… food intolerance, lack of vitamins or something else?’ is closed to new replies.