Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 297 total)
  • Angry commuter – justified??
  • GrahamS

The funny thing is she’ll be exactly the type that harps on about “lycra louts” with no respect for the rules of the road… 🙄

Cougar

she obviously saw you…

I’d hazard a guess that it was entirely the opposite.

DezB
    Free Member

gwj72 – Member
    Roll-up, Roll-up! Vent your car hate here!

Is there a better place

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Too many car lovers on here Dez – they get all angsty when you point out that their dangerous polluting machines are responsible for all the worlds ills and they don’t pay their way!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Whilst her window was down you had ample opportunity to spit in her face…

C’mon..

Really…?

Or just carry on riding home and forget it, if you were angsty at all the other dumb road users on your commute you’d take 19 hours to get home, no doubt.

hels
    Free Member

One day, when I’m old, I am going to buy a paint-ball pallet gun, and vent my rage on selfish drivers in an annoying but not prosecutable manner.

DezB
    Free Member

almightydutch
    Free Member

go out for a bike ride!!!!

coffeeking
    Free Member

One day, when I’m old, I am going to buy a paint-ball pallet gun, and vent my rage on selfish drivers in an annoying but not prosecutable manner.

Think you’ll find it is prosecutable though, which is why we don’t have people running around the streets with paintball markers now.

hels
    Free Member

Hence I’ll do it when I’m old, who would prosecute the elderly spinster cat lady who nearly got knocked off her shopping bike ??

stumpy01

coffeeking – Member
    Think you’ll find it is prosecutable though, which is why we don’t have people running around the streets with paintball markers now

It would be funny though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

What about one of those huge water jet gun thingys…

gwj72
    Free Member

@TJ

Its not me getting angsty and suggesting violence or spitting in the face of a pensioner. My dad is 83 and sometimes tells racist jokes. Shall I smack him with a shovel next time as a deterrent?

joao3v16
    Free Member

You had right of way.
    She should have given way to oncoming traffic.
    Bicyles are traffic.

However, she is one of ‘those’ motorists who have a strange atittude to cyclists, hence her ridiculous comment;

but your just a tiny little bicycle and should move over

DezB
    Free Member

..sometimes tells racist jokes. Shall I smack him with a shovel next time as a deterrent?

I bet he wouldn’t do it again

coffeeking
    Free Member

It would be funny though.

Call me, I’ll join you.

ART

Haven’t read all of that ^^^ but just in case it needs reinforcing – you have right of way and were right. I’ve had this exact incident [users of the Bathampton toll bridge just outside Bath will concur] when riding across bridge already in the middle and centrally positioned – was faced off (for which read attempted to knock me off) by an ‘older woman’ who drove at me madly gesticulately for me to move over. Obviously being the obstinate sort, I didn’t and we came to a stop head to head; words were exchanged – she was rather posh IIRC – as apparently I was only a bicycle and should be giving way to her… Ahem. A few sharp thumps on her car door & roof soon sorted that one out. 😆

gwj72
    Free Member

Yeah grannies. Lets round ’em up. They’re a **** menace to society. Punch ’em in the face and piss on them.

(just trying to fit in)

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ahem. A few sharp thumps on her car door & roof soon sorted that one out.

Don’t think I could take it to the extreme of potential criminal damage, it’s just a disagreement with no immediate danger, no reason to lose your cool.

D0NK

I’ve had this a few times, if you slow down to check the car i sgoing to give way it invites them to floor it and go through, keep approach speed up but cover the brakes, if they don’t look like slowing then start to brake or move out of the way.

One near me I approach up a steep hill and there’s a junction the other side of the pinch point so me and car are both approaching slowly, I’ve just held my line and ended up both of us stopped, me shouting at the driver for not giving way, driver shouting at me for…well just for being on a bike really.

Blatant bullying tactics like this really gets my back up so aslong as I consider it safe I’ll stand my ground and argue the point.

Oh also had an incident near skipton last week, very narrow NSL road, me in primary, approaching vehicles slow, I get out the way, vehicle passes at reasonable speed, everybodys happy. Apart from one grey haired woman in a blue pickup truck, kept driving straight at me without slowing down, I got out of the way sharpish.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

she’s a wrong un!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

hels – you go get ’em – mad cat ladies against cars!

gwj72
    Free Member

Only one thing for it (short of a final solution). Lobby your MP’s to have licenses (and independence) removed from the over 60’s.

toppers3933
    Free Member

you should move over…….
    she should have a thumb through the highway code! stupid bint.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Or have mandatory retesting for all car drivers every few years – along with a nice hike in taxes to make them pay their way – and much tougher enforcement of driving law along with random breathtests. That should sort it out

gwj72
    Free Member

@TJ – spoken like a man with only one side of the story.

Make drivers pay their way? Like they don’t. I just paid £600 this week in road tax. Plus £40+ in tax on juice to hampshire and back. Then there is the insurance premium tax. And the VAT on the car and it’s maintenance. Add in all the fines from numpties.

And your contribution is?…..

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

gwj72 – if you paid £600 this week in road tax then you’ve been fiddled – there is no such thing.

gwj72
    Free Member

SBZ – I have been fiddled you’re right. I have to tax on each vehicle (at £200 each), despite only being able to drive one at a time!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Diddums.

D0NK

gwj72 I seem to recall TJ has the links to numbers and figures, cost of driving staying the same, costs of pretty much everything else (especially public transport) going up up up. Think TJ might be pushing it a bit blaming private motoring for all ills but car centric society certainly has a lot to answer for.

EDIT It’s a pedantic point gwj72 but you don’t seem to have registered, it’s not road tax it’s VED.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Me – I don’t own a car. I am not stupid.

It would be nice if motorists paid their way tho – as it is they get a huge subsidy from the general taxpayer.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Road tax – no such thing.

~Fine fishing today 🙂

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

<iframe width=”425″ height=”349″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/3FCYMx6XzUA&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

aP
    Free Member

Road tax? Oh, you mean VED – which is emissions based so not appropriate for a zero emission vehicle (otherwise called a bike). and also not a hypothecated tax. Actually a lot of cyclists have above average incomes, and also above average tax bills and so pay more towards the roads…

ART

Don’t think I could take it to the extreme of potential criminal damage, it’s just a disagreement with no immediate danger, no reason to lose your cool.

I don’t think my girly fist thumping her car was really going to do any damage to her metal box… it’s just the noise that freaks people out most… and for that reaction, it was worth it… 😉

gwj72
    Free Member

@SBD – I’m not asking for sympathy, Just pointing out the short sightedness of your comment.

Tax/VED – Yeah and marathons are called snickers now (yet still packed with peanuts).

@TJ – You are stupid. And I’m sure your figures stack firmly against drivers.

gwj72
    Free Member

I don’t think my girly fist thumping her car was really going to do any damage to her metal box… it’s just the noise that freaks people out most… and for that reaction, it was worth it…

yeah grannies hate that. I wish you’d have took a picture of her frightened wrinkly old face for us 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

CM said

It might look that way, but in fact it’s because my thoughts are so far ahead of yours that you are actually being lapped.

I LOL ed
    You had right of way as shown by the big sign telling you that you had right of way – the size of your vehicle is unimportant.
    gwj72 you are a poor and obvious troll but I am sure you will reel some in

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So – does that mean you are going to start paying your way -0 especially as you have 3 highly polluting vehicles? all those children with asthma, all the damage to the buildings, all the cost of road traffic law enforcement.

JAG

eerrrmmmm – OK 🙄

Shall we call a halt to this conversation and say Thank You to all those who have made me feel a bit better about my ‘encounter’ 😆

For the record – I also own three cars and work for a car manufacturer.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 297 total)

The topic ‘Angry commuter – justified??’ is closed to new replies.