Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anglesey recommendations please
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Staying in Red Wharf Bay

Recommendations for pubs, cafes, beaches, attractions on Anglesey please

bencooper
    Free Member

Parys Mountain is amazing, the model village is brilliantly cheesy for kids, and Beaumaris has a fantastic chippy.

We’re going to be down there next week 😉

saxabar
    Free Member

Coed Mor jump trail? Dylan’s restaurant in Menai Bridge for food. The gallery in Llangefni is worth a look too (Kyffin Williams in particular) and if paintings aren’t your thing, the food is good.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks both

higthepig
    Free Member

Pilli Palas. if you like butterflys, if you have kids go to the spotters carpark at RAF Valley and watch the jets/helicopters, ace beaches all around for rockpooling/paddling. The nuclear power station at Wylfa used to do guided tours which was interesting. Don’t bother with Holyhead, not much to see and was very rundown. If you are in the NT, Plas Newydd is really nice on the Menai Straits.

midlifecrashes

Anglesey Sea Zoo is a nice smaller Sea-life type place, but friendlier and more hands-on stuff. Stone Science is great, proper throwback place of an enthusiastic collector showing off his stuff and sharing knowledge. Back over the water, Greenwood Forest Park is a nice day out for kids. If you get the weather, though, you won’t need more than the beaches.

djglover
    Free Member

Rhoscolyn Beach
    South Stack lighthouse
    Oystercatcher Rhosneigr
    The Marram Grass Cafe Newborough
    Beaumaris castle is fantastic
    Plas Newydd
    If you have kids with you then as above Sea Zoo, Pilli Palas are good for half a day out

Dickyboy

great memories of red wharf bay, used to have to drive along the beach to get to my great aunts farm there 🙂 hope you have fun

Kevevs
    Free Member

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Add to the list:

Rhosneigr beach
    The hut circles near South Stack
    Molfre Lifeboat Station

As above SeaZoo is great

mudshark
    Free Member

Check out Penrhos on Holy Island before it becomes a massive holiday park. My Gran’s lived there all her life, fantastic area.

RustySpanner

Llanddwyn Island – beautiful walks, stunning little place.

And all the above, Anglesey is a wonderful place.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Oh yeah, definitely LLanddwyn. Got so many memories of that place from when I was little.

mikertroid
    Free Member

We built a house in Rhosneigr. Had to sell it after a year due relocation. Haven’t been back since as we were so gutted to leave.

Rhosneigr’s beaches are stunning. Cable Bay, rhoscolyn, south stack. All stunning places.

Also Newborough Forest and Llandwyn Island.

Love that place. Must revisit soon.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks – any decent pubs?

We’ve been to the White Eagle before

routier
    Free Member

The Old Boathouse at RWB is a lovely cafe/restaurant/bar

http://www.boathouserestaurantanglesey.co.uk/

I’d +1 Rhosneigr beach (and the village in general), Llanddwyn Island and The White Eagle.

saxabar
    Free Member

This thread is education for me – and I only live over the other side of Straits!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Sea Zoo tickets last a week IIRC, so go there early in the holiday

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Staying in Red Wharf Bay

No need to travel far The Ship Inn in Red Wharf bay does some nice grub. It’s in my top 5 burgers of all time.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anglesey recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.